Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: August 11, 2017 06:13PM

More like "crimes," because he perpetrated his acts on several boys.

"Zero tolerance" my foot. They need another major relook at access to youth by adult leaders.

What a sad thing.

http://kutv.com/news/local/former-lds-leader-in-texas-sentenced-to-10-years-for-behavior-with-boys

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 11, 2017 06:23PM

On a bright note, at least Mormon church authorities turned him in to CPS. No way to cover up sex parties masquerading as church parties.

Even though no students from his school were involved, it always disgusts me when a fellow teacher engages in sexual misconduct with youth. It is such a betrayal of our profession.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 11, 2017 06:33PM

Since it was in Texas, maybe they turned him in for his own safety.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 11, 2017 06:35PM

The LDS leaders can be more proactive in getting the word out to those who work with youth. In my current congregation, anyone working with youth or Sunday School must consent to an FBI background check. These can be done at local police departments or school district offices. They involve a simple test where moistened fingertips are scan and compared to local and Federal databases.

Although a background check doesn't guarantee something won't happen in the future, it sends a strong message that inappropriateness will not be tolerated, any infraction will be reported to civil authorities, and a record will be made.

As a member of the church's congregational council, I supported this policy because it helped add a layer of protection for young people in my faith community. I did the check as I work with teens.

Posted by: gheco ( )
Date: August 11, 2017 06:56PM

What is up with the facial hair?

That should have been more of a clue than any background check for LDS leadership with the priesthood power of discernment. If this guy happens to have a tattoo, then they really should have known this guy would be trouble.

Also must wonder if the beard became a requirement by LDS Inc, through their covert power of the family, courts, and defense counsel. This would be required so the beard could become a mormon version of a "Scarlet Letter" to warn other Mormons of this persons evilness.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 11, 2017 06:59PM

At all the nudist parks I've been to, first-time visitors are checked thru databases.
IDK how often it's done afterwards.

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 12:48AM

GNPE- what do you do at a nudist park besides run around in the buff?
For real, I am greatly curious.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 10:54AM

At least they know if you are carrying weapons.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 12:42PM

This one was an active member of my wife's ward. She's now serving only six years of probation for having sex with her daughter's boy friends.

http://www.wrdw.com/content/news/Evans-mom-sentenced-to-probation-after-night-of-naked-twister-drugs-and-alcohol-384892491.html

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 01:06PM

Seems like a double standard. He gets 10 years, she gets probation.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.