Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: August 10, 2017 05:57PM

What's the deal with mormons posting pics of themselves and / or their families in front of temples lately??
It seems it's all over FB all of a sudden.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Boballooie0691 ( )
Date: August 10, 2017 06:05PM

Mormons; It's what they do...

Posted by: Gordon Grant ( )
Date: August 15, 2017 03:21AM

Boballooie0691 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mormons; It's what they do...

"A peculiar people" (some more so than others)

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: August 10, 2017 06:08PM

I too have noticed it. Gag.....

Posted by: Jimbo ( )
Date: August 10, 2017 08:12PM

Would anyone expect anything different? It's code for "We are tithing paying , temple going, love the General Authorities,do not question or have any doubts LDS make no mistake"

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: August 11, 2017 11:32AM

"...and we are So-o happy! You could be happy too if you join us!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2017 11:33AM by severedpuppetstrings.

duplicate post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2017 11:32AM by severedpuppetstrings.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 10, 2017 08:26PM

We paid our tithing and all we got was this weird-looking building.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: August 10, 2017 10:14PM

Some people pose at Machu Picchu and post on Facebook. Other people put "COEXIST" bumperstckers on their Teslas. Mormons pose in front of temples.

Some people like to post their Pokemon-Go! captures. When I have a nice, tight .40 cluster on my target at 25 yards, I hang it on the front door.

Posted by: Bang ( )
Date: August 10, 2017 10:44PM

It is summer and a lot of people, even TBMs go on vacation. Visiting a temple is what many TBMs do on vacation. An increase at this time of year does not surprise me.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: August 11, 2017 06:58PM

That's what I think it is, it's the vacation season, and TBM's tend to visit a temple on their vacations. Even in Europe, TBM's will skip popular tourist spots to visit whatever temple they can, so they can brag about it when they get back to their ward.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 11, 2017 04:29AM

Their favorite pastime.

http://imgur.com/gallery/c9UZA

Posted by: yorkie ( )
Date: August 11, 2017 04:35AM

The craziest thing I've seen recently is tbms and their children touching the temple......

It think that's also a ploy for a missionary moment.

I remember sitting through a relief society class, and one of the "sisters" saying that even mentioning that you went to the temple could be a missionary moment, and could open the door for questions and such.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: August 11, 2017 08:12PM

I really need to get a pic of me in front of the Cardston temple wearing a FUCKING CULT or EX-MORMON DRINKING TEAM t-shirt holding a beer.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2017 08:13PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 11, 2017 08:23PM

went to Paris in May. I tried to talk him into posing with the guy in front of the Paris temple and putting it on fb for his daughter to see. He didn't. The only picture I ever took in front of a temple is when I got married and I don't think we have many with the temple, just the people who were there and us.

My daughter posts them ALL THE TIME.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2017 08:23PM by cl2.

Posted by: Anonculous ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 10:32PM

And always slightly overexposed so the look even more delightsome.

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 11:28PM

I remember when it was popular in the 80s and 90s to visit Hard Rock cafes in the places that you went on vacation. At that time, the cafes were only in pretty great destinations. It was the thing to purchase a Hard Rock t-shirt so everyone would know where you went on vacation. It's kind of the Mormon version of that.

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 05:36AM

Ah hard rock cafes. I used to bring home shirts from there for my kids when I traveled, Seemed cool then. I bought expensive stuff from a glorified hamburger stand so my kids got to show them off at school. Gotta laugh at myself.

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: August 12, 2017 11:43PM

Mormons worship temples.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 12:33PM

It's all about image.

Posted by: Redneck Wonderland ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 12:49PM

We have a couple from when my wife and I got sealed back in 2001. We have never posted them to Facebook..

There are a few from my brothers wedding 2 years ago at the Cardston 'House of Secret Handshakes'. Most of the ones with my wife and kids are against a wall, and a few on the hill. Most of them look like they are at a walled garden. A few made it to Facebook.

All our siblings are married now, and most of the nephew/nieces live far away. I doubt there will be any more any time soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2017 12:49PM by Redneck Wonderland.

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: August 13, 2017 01:45PM

What I remember from my TBM days, is that it's also an brainwashing tool for the kids.

Whenever we would be in the neighbourhood of a temple (we wouldn't take big detours or anything), we'd drive by the temple and show it to to the kids. We found it important for them to know the temple was important to us.

Needless to say, we didn't call it brainwashing back then...

Posted by: relievedtolearn ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 01:07AM

yeah, rt, this summer when the TDM DH and I took 2 of his grandchildren (from his first marriage, all TBM folks)--on a trip, driving by the temple, getting out and taking their picture in front of it---in more than one town---exactly matched what you said up there---"we'd drive by the temple and show it to the kids. We found it important for them to know the temple was important to us."

My beloved SIL and BIL have temple-pictures all over their house, and apparently part of vacations is to go to the temple wherever they go that has one----apparently the temple is important to them.

Posted by: oceantides ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 06:12PM

Sad to admit that i did it the first time i went. I had to drive an obscene amount of miles to get there and back. I was so proud to have done this and now feel so stupid.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: August 14, 2017 07:31PM

I just took some pictures of the kids and me infront of the temple about 2 months ago. It was a cousins son last day of his mission and his mission president gave family members 15 minutes to talk to him in front of the temple before he would go to the mission home. The next day was his flight home. Well I got into bad traffic and arrived 2 hours late at the temple (I missed him). So I took a proof picture that Yes I was indeed there. My family knows we have resigned and so they were surprised to see such a picture.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.