Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon for this ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 07:42AM

I have not attended any Mormon church since 1996.I was never ordained to the Melchezedik priesthood.I amazingly seem to be listed as a member on the local church records as my mother passed my details on to them 10 years ago about my whereabouts.Why were they so heavy handed on Hamula when the could have just released him from his position and replaced him with another man.The church could have kept this much out of the public news.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 07:52AM

The worth of your soul is great. As great as dead people who would be 100 years old who sit on the records of the church counted as living members.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 10:45AM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As great as dead
> people who would be 100 years old who sit on the
> records of the church counted as living members.

Sounds like the Boston Election Department!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 01:54PM

Politics of the dead. Making people Mormon after they are dead is the next logical progression. The next one is promising salvation for donation. I can see the second anointing for everyone being ressurected for the funds of the church.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 07:57AM

Sometimes they like to make an example out of it- just to show the sheep they have power to enforce, shame and humiliate. It works best if the person actually cares - which I assume he does.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 10:01AM

You didn't do the temple death-gesture promises and get your second annointing.
That's why.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 11:07AM

Inactive members that haven't attended church for years and haven't gone through the temple are very small fish....they don't make many waves.

A member of the Quorum of 70 is a much bigger fish.

Big fish can do more damage than small fish.....they can make bigger waves.

A public excommunication of a big fish tells the members to stay away....being ex'd equals bad, very bad, testimony boats will capsize. So it serves a purpose for the church.

Small, anonymous fish aren't worth the consideration....members will ignore any waves you make.

Big fish will only be ignored if the church sends the message they are to be ignored, which they just did.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 11:29AM

And.....small fish like you don't get ex'd for being inactive, they just ask if you want your name removed and it can be done right away.

That's what happened to me, a small fish, and I did go through the temple, serve a mission, etc.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 03:31PM

They may have offered to place him in emeritus status and he refused or it may be they want to blackmail him.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.