Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: August 08, 2017 09:07PM

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2017/08/please-come-back?lang=eng

This is some holier than thou/sanctimonious s**t right here! Here we have TSCC asking (BEGGING from the looks of the title), members to come back, yet goes into victim blaming mode - stating that those of us that had left were "offended" or "lost interest." And then asked to forgive those that had "ceased activity."
Again, classic victim blaming.

And yet, the TSCC has yet to apologize, (or truly explain) for lying to its members for years about polygamy, who Joseph Smith and Brigham Young really were, and why the Priesthood Ban had taken place. Yeah, they had the essays, but the essays don't really explain things. They just give a history (cherry picked, of course) and how things are now.
And yet, WE'RE the ones that NEED to be forgiven.

Interesting...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2017 09:41PM by severedpuppetstrings.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: August 08, 2017 09:16PM

It started as a scam. It developed as a scam. It will always be a scam.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 08, 2017 09:24PM

What kind of religion do you have that you have to hide the truth? TSCC, sorry but what part about being a lying sack of shit is not offensive?

I'd say the same thing to TSCC as Christina Perri says in "Jar of Hearts"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOYnrBuIMgA

"'Cause you broke all your promises
And now you're back
You don't get to get me back

Who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
Don't come back for me
Don't come back at all"

Date: August 08, 2017 09:33PM

Very fitting!

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: August 08, 2017 09:39PM

"Prone to find fault." PRONE TO FIND FAULT??? Are you kidding me. Mormons hide the truth, play with words, change the meanings, obfuscate their history, rip families apart and lie. And then when that disgusts us and our integrity requires cutting them off, they label us "prone to find fault."

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 07:24PM

"Resigned!!"

I guess we are past redemption.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 11:27AM

Faust also demeans the word "critical." I take pride in looking at things critically, and that I can say I take a critical stance.

Trust the MormonCult's so called inspired leaders to demean words that frighten them and words they must give their own tiwsted meaning.

Members do not be prone to find fault or critical or ever stoop to anger. Why? Because the crowned elite scream it is Gawd's commandment so that they can get away with all your money and your power.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 11:32AM

"Come back and feast at the table of the Lord". No thanks. I'm not particularly fond of garbage. I just got through reading "Blood of the Prophets". After the murders were done, the perpetrators formed a standing prayer circle, just like in the temple. Like a rush, it brought back memories of being in the prayer circles and doing the death oaths. Rather than being prone to find fault, we are prone to find truth.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 01:29PM

Thanks, but I'm trying to eat healthier.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 01:46PM

HAHA. I have to remember that one.

Posted by: yeppers ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 12:33PM

Yes, because the church never finds fault or criticizes us for anything.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 01:38PM

Yes. I've lost interest, and not regained it.

Even if James Esdras Faust is calling me from beyond the grave with his funky middle name.

Posted by: shapeshifter ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 01:47PM

My family thought I had been 'offended' when I told them I had left. They couldn't understand that I had issues with their beloved doctrine.

Of course there were people who offended me, esp. when my BYU professors and BYU bishop sexually harassed me. And the whole nature of TSCC is very offensive.

But I didn't feel like it was because of a particular person or group of people that I chose to leave. It was having my eyes opened to the truth that Joe Smith was a con artist and the B of M a fabrication.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 01:51PM

Mormonism helps no one but fleeces the flock instead.

The missionaries are basically recruiters,trying to find people who will work for free and pay $ to the church on top of it - for the rest of their lives.

Moreover, Mormon teachings do not have a leg to stand on. The Book of Mormon has been proven false by DNA .

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 01:55PM

I cannot think of any other Christian church that teaches Jesus sacrificed himself for humankind, but then flips that on its head and continually tells you that *you* must sacrifice over and over and over again.

Of course, you're not doing for humankind, you're doing it for the church....

Posted by: itcame2pass ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 04:33PM

I just want to say to the arrogant church leaders WAKE UP!! You have part of it right - the members are leaving because they are offended, no doubt about that. But they are offended by what the church is doing to them, not what other members are doing to them. They are offended because you hid and distorted the truth for years. They are offended because Joseph Smith married a 14 year old girl. They are offended because Joseph Smith groomed his victims with the story of a flaming sword in order to have his way with them. They are offended because Joseph Smith sent men on missions so he could marry their wives and add to his collection. They are offended because you are NOT transparent with your finances. They are offended because you banned blacks from holding the priesthood until 1978. They are offended because you spend more money buying up property and building cities than helping the poor and needy. They are offended because families can't enter your great and spacious buildings to see kids get married unless they hold the golden ticket (i.e. temple recommend). They are offended because your General Authorities stand in conference, giving their talks in thousand dollar suits. You are the very ones that the Book of Mormon talks about in 1 Nephi 8, verses 26-27. YOU are the ones in the great and spacious building, pointing and mocking. And finally, the members are offended because the church WILL NOT recognize the real reasons for people leaving. It's what YOU, as a church have done. it's NOT because a ward member offended me or said something that hurt my feelings. It's YOU! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It's squarely on YOUR shoulders as a church. Amen.

Posted by: shapeshifter ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 06:25PM

Amen to that!

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 04:34PM

Because naturally, those who leave will keep reading church publications and realize the error of judgment they've committed by simply reading this incredibly short pleading... XD XD

Who are they reaching out to exactly??? My guess is it's simply to placate those who remain with the impression that the church cares.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 05:07PM

Keep in mind that the church still had reasonable control of their whitewashed doctrine in 1992. No rock in the hat, no polyandry. They still spun such truth as anti-Mormon lies.

Date: August 09, 2017 05:26PM

True...but that 1992 talk from Faust is featured in this month's Ensign...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.