Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 08, 2017 06:00PM

All church discipline is carried out in complete confidence. Church leaders have a solem responsibility to keep confidential all information they receive in confessions and interviews. To protect that confidence, the church will not discuss the proceedings of a disciplinary council.

From "what details are shared about discipline?" Under "church discipline" on the mormonnewsroom site and reprinted in the KSL article on the excommunication of James Hamula.

One thing not a lie. Excommunication occurs to protect the church name.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dead Cat ( )
Date: August 08, 2017 11:27PM

As previously mentioned. I wonder if they will blackmail him into silence.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 03:39PM

I think they did. But I know over the last 50 years everytime someone was excommunicated in my area the told the whole stake the reason.

Seems odd they'd say "we always keep it confidential information" when they never have before.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: August 09, 2017 04:02PM

The bishop of the ward I was forced to attend as a teenager was exed just a few years after I left. Even when I was there it was obvious that he was flirting with a divorcee, but everyone said he was just "helping" her. Yeah, that's how Joey Smith "helped" them too. LOL

They announced it in some meeting or other and my mother told me all the deets, and it involved that same woman. Of course my mother claimed that he didn't actually have sex with her, but he was a bishop and was held to higher standards so he was exed for lusting in his heart.

Mmmmm hmmmmmmmmm.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.