Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 08, 2017 07:37AM

According to Salt Lake Tribune, Dale Renlund is only 64. Can that be? He looks way older. Is the Trib just wrong? Did they mean 74?Did smoking take a big toll on his health?

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/08/07/mormon-apostle-answers-african-youths-questions-in-historic-broadcastbr/

Addressing the article, it represents the height of Mormon hypocrisy. Renlund "answered" these questions about random religious stuff, but I would bet that there was not a young man or woman in the room who knew of the Mormon ban on black people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 08, 2017 10:57AM

He definitely looks older, but sources state that he's indeed 64.

Posted by: danboyle ( )
Date: August 08, 2017 01:44PM

Remember the scene from The Princess Bride where the 6-fingered man invented a life sucking machine ? Same principle for TSCC

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: August 08, 2017 07:35PM

The ban ended 39 years ago. Some of their parents were not even born then.

Posted by: C2NR ( )
Date: August 08, 2017 08:28PM

64 seems about right.

I served under him in a bishopric when he was the Stake President of a Univ. of Utah stake, and that age seems about right. All of my experiences and impressions of him were positive. He has a great sense of humor.

When people are sticking their nose where it doesn't belong I occasionally use something I learned from him. Renlund has only one child, and both he and his wife would get asked occasionally why they didn't have more children. His wife once gave this response very politely: "Someone else asked me that same question a while back, and I told them it was none of their business."

Brilliant!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.