Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 07, 2017 05:23PM

Totally forgot about about this:
https://www.lds.org/church/news/new-tool-to-help-returning-missionaries-create-lifelong-plans?lang=eng

Talk about a mind-killing cult; you send out 18 year-old kids, with no real-world experience, who have been inculcated since age 2 about "God's Plan, Jesus Christ, and the Gospel" into the world to teach *other people* about "God's Plan, Jesus Christ, and the Gospel", and when they come back......

“The whole purpose of My Plan is really to help missionaries find out what God's plan is for them.“”

“What I really enjoyed about My Plan is that it’s based on the foundation of Jesus Christ and the gospel..."

Has anyone of RfM had to knuckle under to this come-back-to-the-church-teat program?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 07, 2017 05:30PM

Oh, and I completely forgot, being so freaked by this weird-ass article: the heading photo'...

"Hey, Brother Andersen, why are you standing out in this field looking so glum and cut off."

"I realized on mission that I was gay, and if I tell anybody, my life is over."

"Wow, that sucks. And I thought it was bad when my MP threatened to send me home after he found out I jerked off. And he TOLD MY PARENTS!"

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 07, 2017 05:50PM

Why do the people who least need to reproduce have the most kids?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 08, 2017 06:49AM

"If you forget what you learned on your mission, what was the point? The fact is that the mission is the MTC for the rest of your life."

I had so many shitty experiences at the MTC that I find such a statement revolting.

-A companion that obviously hated me, but wouldn't communicate why.

-The bland food, the smells of musty buildings and odors trapped in worn out carpeting.

-Grumpy old men who thought they had the power of discernment.

-The feeling of abandonment from family and being left alone despite being surrounded by hundreds of "strangers."

-Beginning of a 2 year mantra of being told that you're "not worthy" of being loved by an angry God. Unlimited guilt for not following stupid archaic missionary rules.

-Being lied to about finding "golden families" that will become the next great leaders of the church if only you will lock your heart, mind and soul to the building up of god's kingdom.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 08, 2017 09:48PM

LDS Inc supposedly assisting young people in making good long range plans after their missions...... when the best good plans would drop full time MORmON missions and drop the nasty burden of life long MORmON membership, but somehow those are NOT the selections that LDS inc will be promoting. (self serving predators!! )

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.