Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jstone ( )
Date: August 07, 2017 11:16AM

I looked at somebody’s tweets about the British pageant which is currently running at the Preston Temple. Lots of tweets saying to bring hankies as the show is so moving, others saying the spirit can be felt so strongly there etc. When I read things like that, and a lot of it from younger people, it can be slightly depressing seeing the same mistakes I made being made again and again.A young woman live-streaming opening her mission call on stage to the whoops and cries of her friends. Two old men in suits calling themselves apostles, telling young people that they are special and must follow the Mormon god and do what they are told.

It is this targeting of the young I find particularly despicable and repugnant. One of my nieces is there with her parents for the full two weeks and she’s only ten years old. This targeting comes after a recent special 3 day residential national youth conference in Nottingham, which featured lots of workshops to indoctrinate and coerce the young minds attending.

May I say the name of this web site “Recovery from Mormonism” is not just apt but spot-on factually correct.

And the title of the current so called British pageant? It is “truth will prevail”, what ghastly irony that is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 07, 2017 02:14PM

Sounds like the North Korean pageant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0tPzIO7Upk

Posted by: Anonbrit ( )
Date: August 07, 2017 07:11PM

That cult has been sucking up my family's money for generations. I wish truth would prevail - that would be a show worth watching.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.