Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 07, 2017 01:23AM

My Brother T:

Home 24/7 on disability.

LDS, with wife & kids.

Loved to BBQ

? Real Life outside of socializing with missionaries, always an Open Door to his home.

The last straw for the MP was... he went to T's house & saw yesterday's transfer list on the table...

NO MORE GOING TO T's HOUSE!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2017 01:24AM by GNPE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dp ( )
Date: August 07, 2017 02:36AM

Sort of, but it was a sister. Nice lady (her husband too), kind of like a mom-away-from-mom.

I don't remember her name. I also don't remember any controversy such that the Mission Prez forbade us from visiting her, but that may have happened after I left the area. I also wonder if some of the friendlier types eventually burned out from so much contact with the missionaries, but I haven't kept in touch, so I don't know if I'll ever know...

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 07, 2017 03:59AM

Thank goodness for friendly members. They were very kind and helpful when I served. I was always on the MP's shit list so I never bothered anyone to get permission. The ZL or the sisters were the only ones with mission vehicles so it was 100% faster just to go with a member; get the errand done and return to your area.

My companion broke his 2nd set of glasses. The MP was furious that he neglected to get another pair while wearing his 2nd ones. He was trying to argue with the MP and it was getting him no where. It was of little concern to the MP that this elder was blind as a bat while riding a bicycle in traffic. I unplugged the phone to spare the elder the onslaught of belittlement that the MP was about to send over the phone.

Instead I reconnected the phone in order to call an older member that seemed to enjoy helping others. Within a half hour, we were on our way to an optical store.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.