Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 07:56AM

Seems a little bit of common sense may be seeping thru the flock

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/letters/2017/08/06/letter-confessions-put-young-people-at-risk/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 08:52AM

Mike is active lds he writes. Today is Sunday I bet he will get smack from the ward members for it.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 09:03AM

He's right.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 09:46AM

active mormons who feel this way about these interviews than we realize.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 10:41AM

Comments are excellent, too!

Date: August 06, 2017 10:49AM

Here's Sh'lama's comment:

Sh'lama • 8 hours ago

Mike Heberling, in spite of your being LDS, you don't seem to realize that 'chastity and virtue are more precious and dear above all things' (Moroni 9:9) –– more precious than life itself –– and that sexual sin is 2nd only to murder. (Alma 39:5). And that Mormon leaders, and true LDS parents, prefer their children dead rather than lose their chastity and virtue. And that it's even better for girls and women to die in the struggle against a rapist than it is to lose their chastity and virtue.

Mormon leaders are inspired by God Himself to call likewise inspired bishops, among whose main tasks is to shepherd young Mormons away from sin second only to murder. God expects those bishops to keep the children clean and accountable and answerable and worthy.

There's only one way to do that, Mike, and that's behind closed doors with Mormon bishops asking young Mormon boys and girls about their masturbation. That's where it all starts.

Sh'lama, whoever you are, thank you for reminding me of crap that was drummed into out heads, and still is.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 10:55AM

It's a control thing used by brainwashing cults. Scientology uses e-meter confessions against its members.

Posted by: incredible ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 11:08AM

A recent comment posted:

"I remember my one and only interview with the Bishop. I was a kid hoeing beets for 5 cents a row to pay for school clothes and was hit up for tithing then the pervert wanted to talk about masturbation. I never went back and sure didn't give this hack 10%."

Date: August 06, 2017 11:20AM

Where did this masturbation thing come from anyway?

Do they ask these kids if they beat their younger siblings, or injur animals, like to start small fires, etc.?

A lot of child abuse is at the hands of older children in the family. Do the freaky bishops ever ask about that?

Posted by: Religion, revealed ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 11:39AM

Sh'lama cares more about penis power and has some effed up morality; "Better a dead baby than a raped baby."

Does Sh'lama expect someone too young to walk to fight to the death in that struggle, or, come 2017, has that bit of "wisdom" had an age limit attached yet? How about a twelve-year old (male or female)?

No, those like Sh'lama believe that putting the responsibilty for adults' criminal behavior onto children is the correct placement.

As long as an individual equates virginity with virtue, that IS his or her "teachings" and beliefs. Put up, or shut up. No wriggle room - the translated statement is that a raped baby is better off dead, and the rape (and death) are the baby's "fault." The crime and penalties all belong to the baby.

"Virtue" has nothing to do with virginity, but rather, the choices that ADULTS make in conducting oneself honorably. Clearly, those whom "think" like Sh'lama have none.

Poor, poor Sh'lama, thinking that penises have the power (of god and satan) to remove the virtue with which children are born. Totally effed in the head, heart and any dregs of "soul" that religion may have left.

Posted by: leslie ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 01:26PM

I was sexually abused when I was 8. When I got older, learned about chastity and read the miracle of forgiveness, I was devastated. The guilt I harbored for years was worse than the abuse. I did not feel worthy to go on youth temple trips. I was afraid my husband would not want to marry mm when I told him.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 02:15PM

Go back and reread the entire comment. Especially the last sentence. Then, go look up the work sarcasm on Google. You owe
Sh'lamas an apology.

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 01:02PM

I fear I left a comment for darling Sh'lama that is likely to get deleted. What disturbance of cerebral blood flow causes a person believe such as what she wrote? My comment noticed the juxtaposition of her head and her colon..

Gatorman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2017 01:02PM by gatorman.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 02:18PM

Reread that comment. Especially the last sentence. Then read more of Sh'lamas comments. Then decide who has their head where.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 01:47PM

Sh'lamas comment was in jest, in the best imitation of President Paternoster. One need not look further than some of his/her other comments to understand that.

Come on, people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2017 01:50PM by midwestanon.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 02:00PM

Great letter. That guy gets it! Lots of great comments too.

People, quit training your kids to have unconditional trust in religious leaders!

When they (religious leaders) screw up, they were "just a man" but when you teach your kids to trust them, you are teaching that the leader has God's approval.

Mormonism doesn't have a Vatican to move the perverts to when abuse accusations arise. They do have the power to manipulate the people to keep it in the church whenever possible. The reputation of the Church trumps child protection any day.

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 02:38PM

I had not the benefit of subsequent comments. I believe after further review you are correct. Apology submitted

Gman

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.