Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 04:20PM

Posted by: wokie: Drinking: "Went out with friends last night for a meal and a few drinks at a club. There was an ultra TBM there at another table who was all eyes at me drinking. Later she said that she would report me to the Bishop of my old ward to which I replied "You can mind your own business. What I'm doing is completely legal (I'm well over legal drinking age)".
----

P: How outrageous! Who the heck does she think she is? Your mother? A certified member of the Mormons' moral' police? Certainly, as it appears, she thinks of herself as self-righteous personified.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wokie ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 01:34AM

Went out with friends last night for a meal and a few drinks at a club. There was an ultra TBM there at another table who was all eyes at me drinking.

Later she said that she's report me to the Bishop of my old ward to which I replied "You can mind your own business. What I'm doing is completely legal (I'm well over legal drinking age)".

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 02:35AM

You should have said, "Is this because I didn't buy you a drink?".

I find my meal more enjoyable with a drink already downed. There's nothing like a beer and a burger.

Besides, barley drinks weren't against the WoW until the Prohibition. Mormons latched onto the end of Prohibition as their next bogeyman.

If you really wanted to snark: "Most women look more attractive after I've been drinking. How come you don't?".

Date: August 05, 2017 02:37AM

bradley Wrote:
> If you really wanted to snark: "Most women look
> more attractive after I've been drinking. How come
> you don't?".

I'll pay that one lol

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 10:14AM

I would tell her that she was probably the class tattle-tale back in Kindergarten as well, and didn't her teacher warn her about that?

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 10:42AM

Report her for hanging out in an establishment that serves liquor.

Appearance of evil and all that...

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 01:17PM

My wife and I have had a few occasions dining out where TBM's gave me the stink eye as I enjoy my pint of ale....so I give it right back to them....hasn't escalated beyond the poison glances but I'd welcome a verbal barb....my retort would be delicious.
One time at our local Tony Roma's we noticed a TBM couple in the lounge (where alcohol is on display). My first thought was WTF is a TBM doing in a drinking establishment? But they were cordial and it was all good.

Posted by: Redneck Wonderland ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 12:02PM

Lethbridge Reprobate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .... One time at our local Tony Roma's we noticed a TBM
> couple in the lounge (where alcohol is on
> display). My first thought was WTF is a TBM doing
> in a drinking establishment? But they were cordial
> and it was all good.

My TBM wife and I will eat in the lounge if it's just the two of us. Why wait 30 minutes to be seated when you can be seated fight away.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 02:34PM

Isn't Mormonism insane? Children in adults' bodies. I was turned in to the local bishop years ago for drinking mountain dew. Nuts huh? Why did we put up with it...

Posted by: Dear Abby ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 04:44PM

If your old bishop shows up (again), you'll know why he came. Offer him a beer and to keep his secret.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 05:22PM

As it now appears, the "Original Post" on this thread is NOT the actual Original Post (which appears as the second post). Therefore, this is the Original Thread under a misleading, "(cont.)" title.

The (as it appears here) first post on this thread was actually posted as the beginning of an independent, breakaway (cont.) thread, instead of being posted to the actual original thread.

When the merge was made, it was inadvertently done "backwards," which put the breakaway thread (misleadingly) in the Original Post place, and the programming available is not sufficient to undo this mistaken-in-post-order merge.

This is the second time recently where someone has posted a responding post as a "New Thread" when it was not, and the original thread was still open.

When posting responding posts to already-existing threads which have not been closed, post to THOSE threads only.

We do not want plural, fractional "threads" on the board which are (in truth) the SAME thread...but for reasons unknown and not apparent to Admin have been erroneously created as "New" threads, so please do not create them.

If you are responding to an open ("not closed") thread, respond on THAT thread rather than beginning a new thread for your response.

Thank you.

Date: August 05, 2017 09:20PM

I resigned fro the church a few months ago and even if she did report me to the bishop of my old ward he cant do anything as I'm no longer a member

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 11:10PM

I would have gave her the stink eye and said: You think this is bad, you should see where i'm going from here!

I wonder if she would have stalked you. If so, there could have been some fun had with that.

Date: August 05, 2017 11:14PM

If she did stalk me I'd be setting world records for running!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.