Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 11:01AM

Is one an extension of the other ??

I've considered the Antichrist as the personification of pure evil in the flesh. That would make more than one in any given lifetime IMO.

One biblical explanation is that the Antichrist will be the son of Satan. "That Satan will have a son ought not to surprise us. The Devil is a consummate imitator and much of his success in deceiving men is due to his marvelous skill in counterfeiting the things of God....

[T]he Antichrist will be a man, and yet more than man, just as Christ was Man and yet more than man. The Antichrist will be the Superman' of whom the world, even now, is talking, and for whom it is looking. The Wicked One who is to be revealed shortly, will be a supernatural character, he will be the Son of Satan. His twofold nature is plainly declared in 2 Thess.2:3 -- "That man of Sin, the Son of Perdition." In proof of these assertions we ask for a careful attention to what follows.

1. "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy Seed and her Seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel" (Gen.3:15). It is to be noted that there is here a double "enmity" spoken of: God says, "I will put enmity between thee and the woman," that is, between Satan and Israel, for Israel was the woman that bore Christ (Rev.12); "And between thy seed and her seed." Observe particularly that two "seeds" are here spoken of; "Thy seed" (the antecedent is plainly the Serpent) and "her seed," the woman's Seed. The woman's Seed was Christ, the Serpent's seed will be the Antichrist. The Antichrist then, will be more than a man, he will be the actual and literal Seed of that old Serpent, the Devil; as Christ was, according to the flesh, the actual and literal Seed of the woman. "Thy seed," Satan's seed, refers to a specific individual, just as "her seed" refers to a specific Individual."

http://biblehub.com/library/pink/the_antichrist/ii_the_antichrist_will_be.htm

This is something I didn't learn as a LDS, ie, that the Antichrist would be the incarnate son of Lucifer competing with the image of the son of God being God incarnate in the flesh.

Other than the movie, "The Exorcist," where art gave life to imitation - and Damian was "born." Glad that was only a movie!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 11:08AM

This was just covered on Bill Maher last night. Ralph Reed (formerly of Christian Coalition [Pat Robertston]) answered it. So take it for what it's worth.

Date: August 05, 2017 11:28AM

I listened to the video clip you refer to. It isn't an in-depth discussion by any means. Maher is joking around with Reed when he asks what's the difference between the two 'fictional' characters? Reed doesn't mention the Antichrist is an incarnate son of Lucifer - he only said one works for the other. Maher ends it with saying that makes him like a contract employee.

The rest of their lengthy discussion involved political intrigue, and political assassinations.

Thanks for the reference however. It is an interesting video.

Posted by: animatheist ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 01:12PM

Check out the article by the website Cracked, '5 Things You Won't Believe Aren't In the Bible', point #2, should shed some light

Date: August 05, 2017 10:32PM

Thanks. Interesting read. :)

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 11:21AM

Not a thing. They are both imaginary, made-up hocus pocus to scare the masses into frenzy and subjugation to the "saviors".

Date: August 05, 2017 11:32AM

Isn't that what the devil would want to trick us into believing? If you believe that to be true, then how do you explain evil?

Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 12:58PM

Lamentations 3:38: "Do not both bad and good proceed from the mouth of the Most High?" (New English Bible translation)

Isaiah 45:5 ff: "I am the Lord, there is no other: there is no god beside me . . . I make the light, I create the darkness, author alike of prosperity and trouble. I, the Lord, do all these things." (Ibid)

Amos 3:6: "If a trumpet sounds the alarm, are not the people scared? If disaster falls on a city, has not the Lord been at work?" (Ibid)

The-idea-of-Satan-comes-from-Zoroastrianism-ly yrs,

S

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 11:43AM

The Devil wears Prada.

The Antichrist is more of a L.L. Bean guy.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 12:00PM

Hahah. For sure!

And Satan dresses all in red, and, the Adversary dresses like Darth Vader. Meanwhile, Elohim and Jesus have standard issue togas and robes in white as good members of a fraternity.

Truth in packaging is so important!

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 11:58AM

Isn't Satan a son of God?

Date: August 05, 2017 10:35PM

He was until he was disinherited by Papa.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 03:08PM

I am the anti-christ. The devil is pretend.

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 10:49PM

Theodicy or the problem of evil. That's what you need to go read about for the religious excuses.

Evil is a value judgement of humans with a fairly large scale of agreement.

Read some Steven Pinker, Johnathan Haidt, Ara Norenzayan and their referenced sources. Humanity is a complete explanation of evil all by itself requiring no supernatural explanation.

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: August 05, 2017 10:54PM

One is my mother, and the other is my mother in law. I'm not sure which one is which though.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 12:40AM

The problem with writing down ideas when you're so high you're talking to bushes in the desert is that the ideas are as likely to be inspired as they are to be bat shit crazy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.