Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 02, 2017 08:58AM

But, but...an angel with a drawn sword told me I just *had* to have sex with all those women and girls!
It's religious persecution!

:(

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 06:58AM

Yeah, right.

A big part of losing my religion was realizing how Mormonism was so bad in the protecting people department.

My father molested his adopted teenage daughters.

My grandfather was a polygamist who married teenage girls.

My great grandfather wanted to end the Black ban but sided with racists.

My great great great grandfather was complicit in and probably instigated a massacre at Mountain Meadow.

And Joseph Smith asked for people's wives and daughters and declined to marry my great great great grandmother to her husband Henry Jacobs and 6 months later took her as a spiritual wife.

Mormonism down to the core is about abuse, opportunistic behaviors, and self righteous indignation when faced with the unpleasant facts of its foundations.

I realized it was a con like any other to manipulate people with delusions and dreams and take what it wants from them and they playing its willing victims.

I think that is one of the hardest parts of dealing with religious people. It is understanding the power of religion to abuse people and getting their willing participation in their own abuse.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 02, 2017 11:14AM

As soon as TSCC buys up enough media sources, like they're doing land and water rights, we won't hear about this kind of thing anymore.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 07, 2017 08:24AM

I've puzzled over this. So when Mormonism controls enough media it will hush all of this stuff? That would be a lot of media.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.