Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 09:02PM

Our ward was completely shut down and dissolved into 5 other wards today. No one has callings or anything.
Maybe a trend of the future? H-m-m-m-m-m-m?? STAN is home.
I am on the dividing line of being assigned to within a mile of my old ward building OR have to drive 8 miles to the ward where my ex, TBM lives with his wife of 30+ years..No way will I be forced into such an arrangement. He comes up to me and asks how I am? Like I want him to know anything about me. Such control? This is a big city with LOTS of wards and I get assigned to where TBM ex's ward is?...and lives? Nope. I am out for sure now. Mark me absent.
I just want to thank everybody who has helped me so much in the last few weeks of ranting and phreaking out about the TRUTH. It truly has set me free. I feel like I got out of jail, but never stayed in jail. I will be so much richer with my tithing as discretionary funds!
I,too, have cried out for gawd to relieve me from pain and got no answer. I am free to be whatever with no mind/ guilt control.
I am on to enjoying the next 40 years of my life here. Or thereabouts!
Peace. Out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 09:34PM

Best of wishes for the rest of your life. Starting over is scary, but it is also a wonderful opportunity. Have a great next 40 years. Or more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2017 09:34PM by peculiargifts.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 09:51PM

Congratulations. You're taking your power back and owing it. This is your life. You have the right to live it as you choose. You've found out what doesn't work, now find what does work for you while creating a big new World View! It's fun, exciting and exhilarating to try on new and different ideas and see how they fit!

I've found that the older I've become, since taking religion and it's overlay out of my life, the more enjoyable and peaceful my life has become. And stress-free! I've freed myself from regret, fear, anger, guilt, (good for 2 minutes to recognize something needed to be fixed) and ecclesiastical authority.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: July 23, 2017 11:22PM

Congratulations, cutekitty!

Um, yeah, it's the perfect time for you to leave. "The writing is on the wall."

It was a no-brainer for me to leave, the instant that my children told me about the Mormon abuse they had suffered. They had been threatened not to tell me.

A lifetime of living in a lying, evil, controlling cult, and all it takes is a split-second glimpse of its underbelly, and--poof-- we are gone, forever!

No other church forces its members to attend services in one certain building at one certain time, with threat of shunning and/or excommunicating you, if you don't. I mean, Mormons get punished for attending their very same religion, if it is in a non-assigned building. I know families in our neighborhood, who tried to attend together, after the Mormon "authorities" drew the boundaries down the middle of a major street, and the bishops were nasty about it. The families couldn't spend Sundays together, as they had before, because their 3-hour meetings were at different times. One bishop told one mother that make an exception for her family, if the mother promised to be the organist in the other ward. She was occupied all day, but at least her family members got to be with the relatives across the street.

Being in the same ward as your ex? The cult was asking for too much from you! You will note that they were going to give you NOTHING in return.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 12:51AM

It's funny how it can be just.one.thing that finally pushes you over the edge. Enjoy your Sundays and your mad money! I hear cruises are pretty nice! :)

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 01:28AM

summer

It often looks like that just one thing, however, a bunch of things have been adding up, (justifying, excusing, ignoring, forgiving), sometimes for years until that just one thing hits the tipping point.

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 10:42PM

The morg. drama goes on.......

I was told I HAVE to go to the ward where my ex lives or I won't be able to have a calling or pay tithing.......

What dam ever!!!

I live less than a mile of my old building. They now want me to drive 8 miles to another ward???

How many more times do I need to be offended????

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 11:07PM

Oh nos! You mean they won't let you pay to do free work?

What bozos.

Posted by: Observing1 ( )
Date: August 06, 2017 11:12PM

Congratulations on your resolve!

You said that you cried out to God to relieve your pain, and got no answer. But you DID get an answer! Think about how this worked out in your favor.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: August 07, 2017 10:59AM

Enjoy your Sundays now.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: August 07, 2017 11:39AM

cutekitty: I just want to thank everybody who has helped me so much in the last few weeks of ranting and phreaking out about the TRUTH. It truly has set me free. I feel like I got out of jail, but never stayed in jail. I will be so much richer with my tithing as discretionary funds!
I,too, have cried out for gawd to relieve me from pain and got no answer. I am free to be whatever with no mind/ guilt control.
I am on to enjoying the next 40 years of my life here. Or thereabouts!"

P: When I read about your new happiness, it sounds to me like your prayers were, indeed, answered.
Best Wishes.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.