Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: July 20, 2017 09:54AM

The turkey dropping episode of WKRP in Cincinnati was hilarious!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: July 20, 2017 10:23AM

I don't think I have ever laughed harder than that episode. Funniest thing ever. I did feel a little guilty about laughing at the demise of the turkeys though, even though of course it never really happened.

This evolution denial is not so funny however.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 02:10PM

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 20, 2017 09:57AM

What a fine crop of scientists, researchers, and doctors Turkey will now produce, not having any grasp of the most fundamental concept of biology...

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 20, 2017 10:25AM

If you don't talk about evolution it will cease to exist.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 20, 2017 10:39AM

So now, reading about evolution on the internet will be the naughty thing to do. Maybe this is Turkey's way of making science exciting.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 20, 2017 11:39AM

What if they were prohibited from using any scientific advances since they are doing their best to inhibit use of scientific method and scientific facts!

No medical advances for Turkey. No airplanes or electronic technology for Turkey. Just go ahead and live in your backwards bubble of ignorance and watch the world pass you by.

Religion keeps trying to suppress science and insert their dogma as a substitute over and over. I hope humans can get past this pattern, but probably never will. I applaud the religions that at least try to stay relevant by accepting scientific fact, even if it takes them years to do it.

Just imagine how much further we would be in our knowledge if science was not constantly being denied by religion. How much better we would be if we honestly taught the fossil records than trying to explain it away with God-isms.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 02:50PM

I'm certainly not planning to worry about education in Turkey when the US ed system needs help from every citizen in most areas.

If the local schools were taking this tact it might be of greater concern.

Posted by: Kristy ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 03:06PM

"Turkey Dropping" eww..

Posted by: nyetmo ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 03:24PM

What kind of evolution of turkey dropping are we talking about? I know that school curriculums can be messy, or even disgusting, but calling them turkey droppings is new to me.

What's the next level? Vulture droppings? Roc droppings? Are we limited to avians, or can we go to the bovine standard?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 03:30PM

Maybe they gave a special course in scatology.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 07:39PM

... I guess that will no longer be the case. At least not until US schools dumb down any further.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.