Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 18, 2017 09:34PM

News story says Jon Huntsman will be U.S. ambassador to Russia;

What O What will the GAs think/say? Will church & missionaries be on that list???

(NY Times story, Hope to link, but I'm not home)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2017 09:37PM by GNPE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: July 18, 2017 09:48PM

Starting to wonder if Jonnie will ever get congressional confirmation before the clown car cabal crashes in flames.

Date: July 18, 2017 09:54PM

Good Point, the steering wheel is already Very Loose...

just sayin'

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 18, 2017 09:58PM

The Huntsmans are basically through with being errand boys for LDS Inc. starting with Jon Sr., Jon Jr. even more so.

Date: July 18, 2017 10:09PM

Do U think the GAs will invite him in for a chat?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2017 10:10PM by GNPE.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 12:05AM

Will LDS Inc reach out to Huntsman???? Definitely !!!

Blood sucking self infatuated parasitic MORmON leadership of THE (MORmON) church is NEVER done asking for special favors, it is THE thing that they do that makes their blood sucking MORmON world go around, even IF certain exploited parties are way past granting any more favors to THE MORmON parasites.

Remember, LDS inc even extended special invitations to Dustin Lance Black with the intent of being more cozy and more chummy and with Dustin.

Dustin Lance Black has probably done more damage to the image of MORmONISM than any one since Joseph Smith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bojp_fc0nM

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 18, 2017 10:17PM

This should be interesting. He's actually qualified and might know how to be an ambassador maybe.

I hope he doesn't destroy his respected career by getting sucked into the underbelly of Trump loyalty, "deals," corruption and the Miss Universe fan club.

Just saying.

Something tells me Russians won't particularly be impressed with his Mormon background or his disinterest in vodka. :-D

Posted by: NeverMoJohn ( )
Date: July 18, 2017 10:30PM

It seems like an odd choice (but aren't they all these days). Huntsman isn't an idiot and knows what he is doing. As such, I suspect that he will be bypassed by the White House at every opportunity. I also doubt that he will make much of a stink about Mormon missionaries in Russia or anti-gay discrimination.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: July 18, 2017 10:40PM

Huntsman's appointment is Lincolnesque in the way that Abe hired Democrats and politic rivals.

The president was pretty rough on Jon in the primaries as I recall.

The key to Jon's success lies in his ability to get chump to listen to diplomatic advice.

And now we have just been told that Trump cozied up beside Putin at the exclusive G20 dinner for over an hour.

The rest of the G20 were stunned that their ersatz ally was consorting with their #1 adversary.

Huntsman will need more than the spirit of the holy ghost to smooth over crap like that.

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 12:57AM

Huntsman has said he is culturally Mormon and one daughter has left the church officially. I can see him turning down an invitation; it's likely they won't bother with him. I don't understand Russia when he's fluent in Chinese and was an ambassador there. China basically owns the U.S.

Date: July 19, 2017 12:57AM

I predict Trouble for JH if he takes the role as go-between DT & VP...

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 12:59AM

Same here. My first though of the appointment; he is smarter than this! Does Trump have something on him? If I were him, I'd be as thorough as James Comey.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 01:44AM

I have no objection. I think it's a good appointment. Huntsman is very well qualified.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.