Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: July 16, 2017 09:09PM

I’ve been using Google’s PICASA Photo program for as long as it’s been around, to work with photos that I took. Last year, Google decided to discontinue it, with no further support. The software was still available online but no longer, at least that I can find.

I only have photos taken with my phone now, and don’t even own a regular camera .

Any suggestions on a simple-to-use PC program that a non-expert like me can use to cut and trim and possibly make minor corrections to color etc?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bang ( )
Date: July 16, 2017 09:15PM

I use Gimp, it is open source but may be a bit more complex than you want, but it is really only about finding the cut, crop, rotate, scale and color tools.

https://www.gimp.org/

It has been around for a long time and does not appear to be going away any time soon.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: July 16, 2017 09:32PM

I have been using photoshop 7 for many years. IHMO it is easy to learn and easey to operate.It is available on the internet. I prefer it over some of the newer iteritation.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 09:47AM

I second Bang's recommendation. If you want free or inexpensive, use the Gimp. It does about 80% of what Photoshop does for 0% of the price :)

Or sign up for Photoshop CC. I *hate* their monthly subscription model, but I've been using Photoshop (and Premiere, and After-Effects, and Acrobat, and so much more) that I basically bit the bullet and paid up. I pay $49 a month for the "full" CC subscription, but you can get just Photoshop and Bridge for $19 a month or less.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.