Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: JBF ( )
Date: July 07, 2017 02:48AM

I was watching Big Brother tonight and then it occurred to me:
there is not much difference between Big Brother and the LDS Church.

How are they the same?

1) All the Lying going on.

2) All the Back Stabbing.

HOH: Thomas S Monson.

Post below how you feel TSSC is like a game show. ANY game show.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 07, 2017 09:55AM

1) Both take up the time of their followers several nights a week and on the weekends

2) Both exert complete control over the people in the group, and use rather nefarious tricks to get them to behave how they want

How they're different:

"Big Brother" gives money to at least some of the people it controls.
Mormonism takes their money.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: July 07, 2017 08:16PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Big Brother" gives money to at least some of the
> people it controls.

And it also gives them FREE ALCOHOL in the storage room, all the booze they can drink! That on top of the $1,000 a week stipend pay......TSCC could use that extra hundred a week.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: July 07, 2017 12:18PM

"Big Brother is watching you," "you do not exist," Doublethink. And don't forget rituals of devotion to big brother ("I consecrate my time talent and everything with which the Lard has blessed me to the cult"). And probably most of all, what we see with the essays, inoculating people to media to encourage mass apathy.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 07, 2017 01:10PM

The degree of ruthlessness and lack of compassion when 'courts of love' are held. Or when a fully active member announces he or she is gay & cohabitating with significant other they receive the boot, etc.

Complete dogma & mind control to the extent all reason is lost and only apathy prevails.

If you don't follow the party line you don't exist. For those who do follow it are like zombies - monkey see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil. No discourse, no criticism where due. No need for accountability to the minions (the proletariat.)

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 07, 2017 01:34PM

Once you join and become emotionally attached/bonded, you are then tethered to them in such a way they can invade every single part of your life and being: what you eat, what you think, where you go, how you dress, what you read, what opinions you can have, what you watch on TV, or what movies you see, how you must live, how you use your money (10% to them first), what music you listen to and on and on. It is a heavy cloaked overlay that invades until it controls even your naked body.
Everything is conformed to a "only true way" until there is nothing left to even imagine or think about that is left to chance. No dreams.
It's all like a long tether that won't let you get too far away. No matter how far you go, you are brought back in with greatly emotionally directed threats and so called: love.

Cutting the tether is difficult, but can be done by using your own self confidence, and self respect and self assurance that you know what is really going on and you are in charge of your life. It's about taking your power back and owning it.
That is the only way to be released from their imaginary power!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2017 01:34PM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 17, 2017 01:32PM

Agreed the tether is hard to break even harder than people think, i have been away a year and i still have to battle and be vigilante its so crazy.

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: July 07, 2017 01:49PM

Big Brother: "Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia."

CoJCoLDS: "Marriage is defined as between one man and one woman."

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: July 07, 2017 02:05PM

East Coast Exmo
My question is as always "if marriage is between one man and one woman" kindly explain Brigham young's 50 odd wives

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: July 07, 2017 01:53PM

The government in 1984 has a department called the Ministry of Truth whose job is to exert total control over the message going out to the public. When the administration changes the message, the Ministry of Truth recalls all literature that had previously gone out and dispose of it down the "Memory Hole" which leads down to the incinerator. New edited versions of this literature go out to reflect the new truth. The former truth only exists in the memory of the public, but they are assaulted with gaslighting and forced professions of testimony until they don't know what is true anymore. It is easier in this envionrment to trust the official message than to think for yourself.

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: July 11, 2017 10:46AM

Agree. The memory hole is a major device the church uses to dispsose of those little flecks of history.

Date: July 07, 2017 08:10PM

So is there some way a priesthood holder can go into the house and give Christmas a blessing that her foot injury would heal?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 08, 2017 01:09PM

I read "1984" in 1965 and a year later I was at Ricks....the similarities were not lost on me. Fucking Honor Council Nazis/Thought Police.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 08, 2017 03:45PM

1.Weekly meetings with The Chief detail all the problem individuals in your group; Spies are sent under the guise of (selected) "friends", their mission is to Return & Report.

2. MoRoyalty gets Special Privileges which aren't available to the Rank-and-File.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2017 04:19PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: July 08, 2017 11:30PM

They both have a vested interest in controlling information and the dominate narrative i.e. what is accepted as the truth and in hiding their wrongs i.e. crimes. Both also control vast wealth and benefit from something of a good ole boys club. Lastly, they both have a distaste for dissenters who are vocal.

Date: July 10, 2017 03:06PM

BB: You are not allowed to talk about production.
TSCC: You are not allowed to talk about The Second Anointing.

BB: You are not allowed to sing, because of broadcast/copyright issues.
TSCC: You are not allowed to sing, unless it is considered "uplifting".

BB: You are not allowed to talk about your diary room sessions with other houseguests.
TSCC: You are MORE THAN WELCOME to share and discuss your diaries, missionary journals, testimonies, etc. with other Morgbots.

On BB, your diary room sessions will be shown on the CBS Primetime show, and producers can edit them any way they want.
In TSCC, your intimate revelations with bishops will NEVER be confidential, even if they say it will, and whatever you reveal can and will be used against you.

Posted by: thexedman ( )
Date: July 10, 2017 03:19PM

People get voted off at a council meeting.

Date: July 12, 2017 12:26AM

Is that good or bad?

On Big Brother or Survivor, if you are voted off, you lose out on the money.

If you get voted off by the Church, you lose nothing.

Date: July 16, 2017 10:20PM

Every year there are signs and tokens exchanged on the feeds.

Here are a couple of examples from this season:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDrms8DVoAEh68n.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEgT9UMUIAAaZLh.jpg

Date: July 24, 2017 05:47PM

PETITION:

As thos of you who follow the show know, every year one or a few houseguests are forced to wear a unitard or some costume as a form of "humiliation" for losing a challenge or otherwise having their name drawn at the most unfortunate moment. This season, there have been three houseguests forced to wear frog costumes and hop around the house. Bunny suits with ears have also been used.

I want to see the producers come up with forcing some houseguests to wear the white Pillsbury Doughboy costumes with green aprons for a future season. And make them learn to give signs and tokens before entering the Diary Room.

Sound like a good idea?

Posted by: jstone ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 06:59PM

The declarations of absolute loyalty to men you know almost nothing about. When Benson became the number one, I remember at ward F&T people couldn't get up fast enough to say they know this and that about him and he was the Lord's annointed etc. I didn't know what to think, I knew nothing about him, did I need to pray about it or something - yet others seemed to be acting automatically - it was quite confusing to me. It's all a lot clearer now.

Posted by: jstone ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 07:06PM

Oh this is about a Tv program, not the book. I know close to nothing about what's on TV.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 07:29PM

"Thoughtcrime is insidious, Winston. I didn't even know I was a thoughtcriminal until my daughter turned me in."

--George Orwell, 1984

Mormonism splits families, just like Ingsoc.

Date: July 27, 2017 11:59PM

Does anyone here know what mission jurisdiction Studio City/North Hollywood is in? How would I contact missionaries there?

I want some elders to be there in the studio on September 20th. These people are so psycho, they desperately need The Restored Gospel to help better their lives. Josh is a complete lunatic. I don't know how TSCC is faring in Miami/South Florida, but maybe they could use one more to enter the waters of baptism.

I also want to see elders selling the high points of a Temple Marriage to Cody & Jessica and Mark & Elena. And straighten out Elena as well; all she ever talks about is sex. She heeds more of Heavenly Father in her life.

These houseguests are crazier than even the nuttiest Utah County TBM.

Date: July 28, 2017 06:01AM

But, remember, even the nuttiest HG will NEVER be as nutty as Joseph Smith Jr or Brigham Young!

Date: August 17, 2017 12:39AM

Question:

During Fast & Testimony are you allowed to eat Big Brother Slop?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.