Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: June 25, 2017 12:29PM

if he is having some major conflict with his belief. His wife has already left the faith. He admitted he is a democrat or an independent which is just one step away from apostacy (at least it is in my extended family).

What do you all think?

http://www.sltrib.com/news/lds/5437736-155/kirby-would-i-denounce-my-faith

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: June 25, 2017 12:47PM

Not sure if he's one step away from apostasy, but I think it's the best thing he's written.

Religion is stupid to live for and more stupid to die for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2017 12:49PM by kathleen.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: June 26, 2017 11:28AM

Haha. He just says what people REALLY think.

This was one of my biggest problems with the temple and why I could not bring myself to go after 5 times. I had no warning that I'd have to pledge and act out my own violent demise and promise to die for LDS, Inc. So we all went along with it. I thought I must have been the only one who knew damn well, as I was placing my right thumb under my ear and drawing my hand quickly across my neck to the other ear, claiming I'd allow someone else to do the same thing, only with a shiny sharp blade in their hands, that I would never in a million years willingly do that.

I kept thinking I'd get a better feeling, that I'd understand it, that I'd feel good and not dishonest for doing that. I never did. I'd feel worse every time and I thought I must be taking Satan into the temple with me because I could not do the throat slashing, ripping my heart out and disemboweling playtime without the thought running through my head, "I know I won't." Years later when I saw drawings by 19th century masons, doing the exact same thing, and knowing where it all came from, I was so angry that I spent precious time in my young adult days worrying about that stupidass shit.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.