Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 02:33PM

As we think about the summer solstice, we can't help but wonder if it was Heavenly Father's plan to test His people by giving us two glorious men, of which we are commanded to obey and follow, both born in the Northern Hemisphere during the least amount of daylight in the year......two men named Joseph, who will forever live in infamy.

Even more remarkable, one of them was put to death as a false prophet (as the Bible commands) close to the longest day of the year in Illinois.

Two men, one used atheism and state terror, the other used religion and extortion, perhaps as a way of testing us to see whom we as human beings should really follow. I know you atheist exmos will get snarky about this, but you can't help but wonder, maybe everything happens for a reason. And of course, there are lots of you with birthdates in December that are decent, upstanding, righteous people.

The sun really does shine on the exmormon community, and God blesses all who have overcome the trials and tribulations of being involved in the cult. Maybe I'm crazy, but you can't help but realize......the Dreamer of Dreams, born in the darkest time of the year......and put to death during the sunniest time of the year.

You can't help but wonder.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 02:38PM

Agnes Broomhead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know you atheist exmos
> will get snarky about this...

With comments like that, what would you expect?

> You can't help but wonder.....

Actually, yes -- I can help but wonder about whether imaginary god-things "gave" us anything, or have any kind of "plan," since there's no evidence for any of it :)

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: June 23, 2017 10:34AM

That reminds me of the controversial closed TBM poster.

The argument was essentially that reality is just Satan leading you astray. So we have to close our eyes, ears and minds and just take anything the prophet shovels at us. That's the test?

It seems ripe for abuse. That is no way to live.

How far does it go? What if the prophet tells you to kill someone? That's what the people at Mountain Meadows thought. They were obeying their priesthood leaders.

If you ignore everything that's wrong, when do you stop doing that?

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 23, 2017 10:53AM

"Come back. We love you. We just don't respect you."

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 23, 2017 11:17AM

more bullshit. He didn't use Atheism as his prop.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: June 23, 2017 12:13PM

Joseph Gordon-Leavitt and Joe DiMaggio?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.