Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 09:12AM

"A Northern California mother who claimed she was trying to exorcise demons from her daughter has been booked on suspicion of biting, choking and shoving handfuls of sand into the girl’s mouth and eyes on a crowded beach, authorities said.
Kimberly Felder, a 45-year-old Ferndale resident, was arrested Friday morning on suspicion of attempted homicide, assault with a deadly weapon, felony child abuse and aggravated mayhem, Humboldt County Sheriff William Honsal said in a statement.
The ordeal unfolded about 9 a.m. when authorities received a report of a mother attacking a small girl at Centerville Beach County Park near Ferndale, a small city with Victorian-era homes about 20 miles south of Eureka, Calif.
The witness told authorities the mother was trying to perform an exorcism. She had stripped the 11-year-old girl naked and attacked her with sand, Honsal said.
“The mother stated she was trying to remove the demons from the child,” the sheriff said."

================================================

Religion must die !!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 09:23AM

"The Demon-Haunted World" isn't just a book by Carl Sagan.
It's a delusion of far too many humans, who do things like this.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 09:37AM

So let me get this straight.......

Person believes in the devil and his demons, they apply god given "therapy" to little girl on beach trying to fix her = Person is crazy.

Person believes in the devil and his demons, they apply god given "therapy" to homosexuals trying to fix them = Person is elected to high ranking political office.

OK, got it.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 10:45AM

I think this type of thing, people allowing or making up irrational fears then trying to get rid of them, is quite common among humans. Demons and exorcism are obviously an extreme fear not experienced by many. However, there are more common minor fears (heights, close spaces, spiders, snakes, etc.) we allow into our minds that we shouldn't allow ourselves to 'worry' about in the first place that may cause significant problems in our lives.

That is why is so important not to concentrate very long on negative/non-existent problems just because they 'may' occur. Actually, there are many bad things that could occur so why take on the job of trying to concentrate on so many bad/negative/non existent things. Why not concentrate instead on all of the possible 'great' things that could happen to you?

The solution ---- try to stay positive and keep your mind full of positive things, unless there is 'real' danger present.

Date: June 22, 2017 10:50AM

spiritist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> However, there are more
> common minor fears (heights, close spaces,
> spiders, snakes, etc.) we allow into our minds
> that we shouldn't allow ourselves to 'worry' about
> in the first place that may cause significant
> problems in our lives.

Sure.
However, you can actually fall from heights that actually exist. You can actually be locked in an enclosed space that actually exists. There are actually real spiders and snakes that can really cause you harm. Even though there are fears of those things that occur at irrational levels, the fears are based on real things.

Unlike 'demons.' Which aren't real things.

:)

Posted by: Paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 03:20PM

Or witch burning; for being not differential to the excorcists preference...not a definition on if astral entities exist

It's a danger because toxic family systems parents frequently target an identified victim when they assign roles
Let's see one is good kid or smart kid or athlete another , is funny kid golden child , and another in this toxic family system is bad child ;(in this case not with a guitar producing non parental songs but anti religion anti good anti matter radioactive kid 'the bad' encapsulated, labeled and identified so the whole family can't be contaminated)

And what if they born looking like the parents most did disliked relative? What if the parent is projecting all they hate or fear on this one kid? What if the parent did a long spell ritual themselves and cast a circle miscast or the kid broke the circle
And the parent was themselves calling down a demon better then help them with their business. . . But the damnedest kid got in the way. I'd say way to go oaf outrageous. Rubbing beach sand on your kid wrong way to go. If one was truely terrified of demonic possession they'd need a professionally trained
excorcist.

The issue is hating
The issue is scapegoating inside family scapegoating
With no oversight
One needs an outsider to assist provide oversight avoid parental bias even notice sleep deprivation

Risk Spiritist risk

Besides what if one received a kid with ADHD. What if one received a kid partially hearing impaired who couldn't respond easily or receive parental commands through early childhood? What if one received a fetal slcholhol syndrome kid or drug baby with differing needs. What if one received a child who was cognitively different he it gifted or slower than the parent? What if one received a child with extreme lack of mirroring coldness lack of empathy? What if one received a very sensitive child? What if one received a child with traits one can't relate to? What if? One does not attack ones child one seeks assistance facilitating growth and development, it's referred to as nurturing. That is what I expect.

And btw I expect god to be here. Or Gaia. Or Hercules. Or iconic love. Or archetypes of human beings bring an architype to life enacting live nurture gardening skills even grooming human talent among their young

Somehow that was missing on the beach scene

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 12:20PM

It is my understanding that the Catholic church have priests who specialize in exorcisms.

Anyone know of this...and what the rate of success is supposed to be?

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 01:32PM

Yes, Catholics practice exorcism but also Hindus, Islam, Judaism, and Taoism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exorcism

I have never seen any 'success rates'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2017 02:48PM by spiritist.

Date: June 22, 2017 02:26PM

Posted by: Paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 04:15PM

Who didn't like my personality or differences.

My jack mo mother said ---- you stay away from those folk.
I should have listened. Never been around such fear in my life. They weren't afraid of ethnic drug dealers. They weren't afraid of gangsters. They weren't afraid or worried about fights.
They were very very afraid of differing views and religious issues differing from their own. And Not unlike mormons they'd hired half the employees from their own church.

Being raised with an grandmother preoccupied with her dead getting answers visiting grave markers and privately practicing spiritual occultists obsessed with her dead kin... and a sciliana grandmother practicing her folk magic in her home out on the farm...getting together with another Italian granny monthly throwing curses at those who annoyed, gathering grocery money to buy curses from a stronger lady in Sciliy together crocheting into the nights together by the walnut orchard one built her house in.

But no , I was a "good "person. No longer Mormon. How could pentacostal ministry working along side me see this clearly? Not so. Not vetted in the pentacostal view. The last thing you want is someone from another religion offering to exorcise you guys. Let alone ganging up trying to alter your past spiritual culture (culturality is that a word) ganging up on you like slow motion polite Protestant zombies at work. They're like adapt adopt our moves or --- we'll pray over you heal you . (That would mean: heal you to a pentacostal would be just like me. No make up. Wear this dress. Say this not that we are //// (insert work mascot here)
It's like a slow motion excircism when a group from one pentacostal church gang reverse shun you and try to change you one trait at a time.

Oh terrifyingly. You can't show say your "good " to any person where you're cultural differences between are the antipathy of their cultural mystic "other" "BAD- articulate strong educated woman...
Past garment game marker on her...well local pentacostal see that as a mark who can control you. Yes. Definitely fear the excorcists who will mark you as other. You don't dress like them gesture like them speak their flow. Pentacostal work coaching colleagues may fear your differences , even when both your husband family past coaches and you groomed grew those attributes. If you're a very bad fit, you could be seen as a threat and feared.

The child on the beach was wrongly feared by her parent, and wrongly the parent attempted to destroy this creative life force in the family. Just tragically it's just a travesty of god as love archetypal concepts.

Like the 11 year old on the beach in the article when the messed up mother wrecked havoc on their parental bonds severing them forever rubbing them out with beach sands spewing targeted hatred lack of control ore another in waves fearful fury unfurled hurled

Save us all from fanatics at work on the beach in families
Gaia god Hercules love archetype Where are you , how does every parent enact nurture earth mother archetype instead of enacting the worst of humanity. Sheesh . Some family time at the beach

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.