Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 02:23AM

Being female I have never sat in the super secret chairs near the chapel pulpit. Is each chapel unique or is there a holy of holy button panel on the priesthood chairs.

Would it be easy to reach over and turn it back on?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 02:33AM

In the chapel where I grew up, there were 3 seats on the left front of the stand (facing the congregation) for the bishopric. Just to the right of those seats was a console that contained controls that could raise or lower the lectern as needed, and also contained the volume control for the microphone. It also had a button to turn on a small light on the lectern to tell the speaker that their time was up. So a member of the bishopric could cut the mic from his seat. I imagine other chapels have a similar setup.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 03:59AM

The one I grew up in had this but it didn't have a warning light. Said building was constructed in the fifties so it must be a newer innovation.

It's really not meant to be a secret. I don't even think cutting mics is factored in during chapel construction; the person who controls the mic during church can turn the microphone on and off.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 06:32AM

Do they still have mics to pass around or do you have to go up front?

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 09:05AM

It would be easy to sneak in a few days before fast and testimony meeting, and solder a wire accross the electrical contacts in bishop's disconnect button. It would be fun to watch as he pushes the button with futility a few days later when you start saying things that he does not approve of. Someone would need to drag you off of the stand in view of everyone, not a pretty scene, especially if you're a twelve year old girl.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.