Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 03:28AM

Yes, per my ex's bishop, my ex died because God got sick of messin' with him. He wouldn't come back to church, so God off-ed him.

Even though he went inactive, my ex still believed that he was destined for the creepiest Degree of Glory (the Telestial Kingdom). He hoped that the rest of us--we Celestial Kingdom inheritors--would hop aboard some intergalactic bullet train and come to see him occasionally.

Seriously.

Because, as you know, only CK-ites will be able to travel hither, thither, and yon. But, alas, he'd be stuck in that stink hole Telestial K. (It just barely hovers above Outer Darkness, as I recall.) Anyway, those in the bottom-feeder kingdom can't travel up to the CK. Those on high will have some pretty good mobility--just not the other way around.

I tried to straighten him out on that, but indoctrination is just so powerful.

Anyway, the bishop said, "He died 'cause God got sick of messin' with him."

I responded, "Is that why babies die?"

Dial tone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 03:38AM

The bishop is an asshole! What a twisted, sick thing to say to you! Is this the best the Morg can call upon to be its leaders?

On the flip side, with a judgmental attitude such as his, there will probably be a faster exodus of members from his ward.

Best wishes, Kathleen! Boner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2017 03:38AM by BYU Boner.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 04:19AM

That terrible bishop had no right to speak as God. How hateful.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 08:56AM

That so-called bishop needs a knuckle sandwich.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 09:27AM

In the bishop's twisted mind, "god" controls everything. So if somebody dies, "god" did it. If somebody lives, "god" did it. If you can't see an obvious reason "god" did it, then make one up, but don't forget: "god" did it.

Addled, ignorant, disturbed people making stuff up.
Lovely.

Date: June 21, 2017 12:22PM

Thank you, my sweet friends.

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 12:28PM

Kathleen

Your response to that bishop was the highlight of my day. Since all of us die God apparently tires of messing with his entire creation...admittedly most bishops aren't idiots..this one was.

Gatorman
2-0 in College World Series here in Omaha

Posted by: Forestpal (can't log in) ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 12:48PM

The intergalactic bullet train! Yeah! There has to be some kind of border guards, and some kind of barrier to keep the Telestials from escaping, like Trump's wall for Mexico.

My close relative (now deceased) was a GA, and he came right out and told us children, that the three-degrees of Heaven, and the visitation rules are completely bogus. He said, "No ever died and went to Heaven, then came back and told us about it."

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 03:26PM

argh...gag... such outrageous nonsense from Mormons.. and a bishop too! Such stupidity and arrogance.
Loved you're come back!

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 04:32PM

I'm sure thats why all those old mormon profits die.

Date: June 21, 2017 09:54PM

I wonder how many people sit and wonder where in that Degrees of Glory nonsense their loved one fell, and how much money and time and toilet cleaning they spent trying to bargain with God.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 10:08PM

LDS, Inc. can't abide any quality control of bishops or SP; one has to reach the status of Paul Done to be censured in Morland.

thus saith GNPE.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 11:53PM

I'd love it if he told that to parents who had an infant die, or suffer from repeated miscarriages, as he'd earn a knuckle sandwich.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.