Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 07:21PM

It was in stuff dad (who passed away 17 years ago) had saved. So I read it for the first time in 54 years....and it sounded as meaningless as it did when the old bedshitter pronounced it to me. A complete load of codswallop!
I plan on burning it complete with pics and video.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 07:34PM

...and may the smoke rise up to heaven producing a pleasing smell unto the Lard. :)

Date: June 20, 2017 07:47PM

YO!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 07:38PM

I threw mine in the garbage outside--meaning ready to go. Then I changed my mind and gave it to my daughter and I haven't seen it since. She probably was shocked by how long mine was compared to her's and how "i would be found in holy places serving the Lord." Probably one of the reasons she "loves me so much."

Most of my memorabilia is gone. I did burn the letter I got from Boyd years ago. That is THE ONE THING I should have saved. I could have done a lot of damage with that thing.

Posted by: dp ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 02:02AM

What was the gist of the letter?

Posted by: Boballooie0691 ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 08:01PM

I know a man that burned the Koran and posted a video of it on FB. I've still got my PB. It's really pretty generic. cl2 the Boyd letter sounds interesting. Care to elaborate?

Date: June 20, 2017 10:25PM

Generic describes my PB accurately. Fucking mindless drivel.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 08:24PM

Hahaha. You said codswallop. What a good word for it.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 08:39PM

My guess is that the document has some yellow stains on it by now. The Patriarch's Boner.

Date: June 20, 2017 10:27PM

Mine looks like the day it was typed. Hasn't been out of the envelope since.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 11:25PM

I came across my mother's PB while taking over her book work now that she is getting old. It was horrible! The worst part was how it encouraged my mother to find a new husband because my father would not convert to Mormonism. It talked about all the great blessings she will receive when she is sealed to a new, priesthood holding husband. Made my dear, dear father sound like chopped liver. I'm so glad my father never converted. My mother is now 91 years old and has stayed single rather than finding a new Mormon husband after Dad died 28 years ago. Mom expects to see Dad in the next life and is not looking for someone better. Thanks Mom. I don't want any crumby Mormon father in eternity!

Posted by: txrancher ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 01:07AM

I agree, it's all bunk. The only thing that was somewhat accurate is that it said I would "rise to the highest level of my profession." I did. And I don't mean sandwich artist at Subway, lol.

Still, it also said I would have a happy marriage, many children (3?) and rise in the second resurrection/second coming or whatever it is (I don't think that is happening.) A lot of hooey. It's what fortune tellers are good at.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 01:46AM

I was a divorced single mom when I got mine. It said that I would marry a worthy priesthood holder and "raise up righteous children."

Well, I did marry a priesthood holder, one whom I consider "worthy" of everything good. And I wondered, for a time, how I could "raise up righteous children" when I had only borne one and had had surgery to prevent any more.

I inherited them by means of marriage to their father. They were raised in the Mormon church. However, some things don't always work according to the script. As I described in another thread, I ended up resigning, and the rest of the family followed me out, either resigning or just going deeply inactive.

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 09:45PM

I shredded my PB when I left and got rid of other cult stuff, too. The PB content sounded nice and made promises IF I obeyed and devoted my life, etc. to the cult. It was fortune telling for sure. The Patriarch asked me many questions and used that laced with scriptures and sound bites to predict my future. So glad I am out. And I know now I am saved by the Lord since leaving the cult.

Date: June 22, 2017 11:22PM

I just couldn't believe after all these years how it dealt almost exclusively with obeying...and I fucking suck at obeying....and did before and after I got the PB. Nothing about going on a mission (nope)...marrying a good Mormon girl (nope) and raising my children to be good little tithe paying robots (Fuck No). Kinda weird the old fucker couldn't discern all the shit in 1964.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.