Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: fairandbalancedfredo ( )
Date: June 17, 2017 10:15AM

A major tenet of Mormon scripture posits that the ancestors of American natives were an ancient tribe of Hebrews who came from the Middle East. However, modern DNA evidence contradicts this, revealing that the ancestors of American natives came from Asia, not the Middle East.

According to Mormon doctrine, an angel named Moroni led founder Joseph Smith in 1827 to a divine set of golden plates buried in a... Read more... http://swordandcovenant.com/dna-evidence-exposes-a-major-tenet-of-mormon-teaching-as-fraudulent/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Politic ( )
Date: June 17, 2017 10:23AM

Thanks, old news but good news. I was informing an elderly Mormon of this very thing this morning.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 12:54PM

How'd that go? I'm guessing the elderly Mormon didn't care about the science...just their overriding faith in the fraud.

Posted by: Politic ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 02:23PM

Yes'm LR you got it spot on, that's what happened.

Posted by: quatermass2 ( )
Date: June 17, 2017 12:47PM

Forget it.

Sadly, where belief and/or faith are concerned, evidence doesn't matter.

Posted by: fairandbalancedfredo ( )
Date: June 17, 2017 01:00PM

Evidence doesn't matter much to true religious fanatics. However, for those who on the borderline between belief and skepticism, scientific argument and reason may turn the tide.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: June 17, 2017 01:14PM

Wait one minute.....

Modern revelation changed errrr modified errrr updated errrr clarified. Ya clarified doctrine.

The Lamanites are AMONG not the only or principle ancestors as previous prophets, apostles, teachers and volumes of wriiten material over 150 years incorrectly stated.

So..... it can all be true if you feel it can!

Posted by: txrancher ( )
Date: June 17, 2017 02:48PM

I actually appreciate when this topic and others come up. Sure, it's "old news" but I can tell you that when I got on this site a few years ago, I kept reading references to the Book of Abraham and what a blatant crock it was...how it was the tipping point for many exmos.

I couldn't figure it out. I even read some other posts that gave a bit more explanation and still didn't get it. (I know, it's pretty simple--but I was missing something, lol.)

Finally I realized what was so fraudulent about the BOA. Duh. And then wow it really sunk in. So I appreciate stuff like this if it helps someone else further realize what a scammer Joseph Smith was.

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: June 17, 2017 05:37PM

Yes the Book of Mormon claims to have been preserved by prophets, Angels and God for the future Lamanite generations, to come forth in the latter days and fails to tell them they came from Asia and migrated via Beringia.

It also supposedly answered why AmerIndians (BOM Lamanites) have dark skin and yet their cousins back in Asia have the same dark skin despite staying in Asia for generations and generations.

What a fraud it all is.

I knew it was a hoax when I was reading it. Smith conveniently adds a prophecy of himself? He also adds a prophecy of the European white migrations ( as if it wasn't already known).

It's all so obvious and you would think I would have got a great big thank you and big hugs for informing a TBM Sister Missionary (aged 36 at the time) of this and all I got was shunned!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2017 05:38PM by Zeezromp.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: June 17, 2017 05:54PM

Who in their right mind would worship a Supreme Being that utilized Joseph Smith as anything other than a septic-tank technician?

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: June 17, 2017 06:38PM

Wait a second now, septic-tank technicians have a valuable skill......

Oh, and the fact that were huge civilizations already here when the Jaredites, Lehites, Term-ites and all the other-ites showed up? That's easy--the BoM clearly has the word "others" in it, so obviously that indicates.....millions of peoples!

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: June 17, 2017 08:33PM

"Wait a second now, septic-tank technicians have a valuable skill"

Point taken: Mr. Smith didn't have any valuable skills, nor any known employment experience.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 17, 2017 09:10PM

Also, 'the plain & precious parts' of Christ-Like-Living (Honesty, Kindness, etc.) aren't at all missing from the Bible, as Mormons claim;

The BOM is a droning, super-boring series of good-bad, Right-Wing (Black & White thinking/mentality) war stories with little to offer in the way of examples or principles (excepting blind obedience, compliance to dubious leaders/authority)

Wake me when it's over, O.K.?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2017 09:13PM by GNPE.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: June 17, 2017 10:05PM

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: June 17, 2017 10:47PM

This is great . . . .

The DNA science has exposed the fraud . . . the angel named Moroni, the divine golden plates, the founder Joseph Smith . . .

It was all so believable until the DNA evidence came out. :)

But the DNA evidence is fantastic and will lead tens of thousands of more mormons out of the church. Share it where & when you can -----

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 02:25PM

Extra bonus points for septic tank technician...an honorable profession carried on by his venerable progeny today..my grattitude is extended to those bright and brave enough to unravel the pile of tirds...blaze the trail of blasphemy...bravely go where shunning and disfellowship seemed an awful price to pay...but worth the price of integrity...i do have one issue with septic tank tech...most bulls ive seen...just drop it where ever it lands...flies seem to enjoy it...you cant fool a curcle fly

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.