Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: June 11, 2017 11:55AM

Got my Church News for May 28th, which contained the following information regarding President Monson's health (which some of you have speculated about):

"The Church issued the following statement on Tuesday, May 23, regarding President Thomas S. Monson and his involvement in the daily operations of the church: 'Because of limitations incident to his age, President Monson is no longer attending meetings at the Church office on a regular basis. He communicates and confers with his counselors on matters as needed. President Monson is grateful that the work of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles continues without interruption. He appreciates the prayer and support of Church members.
"In recent years, President Monson, who is 89, has been feeling the effects of advancing age.
"In April, he was hospitalized for two days following general conference but resumed his daily duties soon after, according to Church spokesman Eric Hawkins.
"President Russell M. Nelson, president of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, noted in an October 204 conference address that the Lord Himself has instituted 'a remarkable system of governance that provides redundancy and backup. That system provides for prophetic leadership even when the inevitable illnesses and incapacitates may come with advancing age. Counterbalances and safeguards abound so that no one can ever lead the Church astray. Senior leaders are constantly being tutored such that one day they are ready to sit in the highest councils.'"
-----

P: And so forth.
(Now you know.)
(I hope I got all the quote marks correct.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 11, 2017 12:22PM

Thanks for the update, Polly. As to the content from Cult Newz....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: June 11, 2017 12:30PM

"... so that no one can ever lead he church astray". Really? How far astray does the church have to be before they recognize it as astray?

Posted by: Wasatcher ( )
Date: June 11, 2017 12:46PM

Exactly, "azsteve"! The Church has already been led astray from the beginning - with Joseph Smith's false doctrines and revelations. And the dupes and frauds that lead the Church now simply continue the scam.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 11, 2017 01:06PM

Based on Steve's accounts of ETB, the church is never going to give the full story on their aging prophets. With his statement, Nelson is essentially saying, "Here's the new boss, same as the old boss."

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 11, 2017 02:18PM

"President Monson is grateful that the work of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles continues without interruption."

Translation: Evil never sleeps.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 11, 2017 02:31PM

For those that care --on the one hand, it's a good gesture to give the membership an update on the leader's health and current condition, rather than leave it open to speculation, even though it is vague. It does give a heads up to the members that there are changes coming,according to plan, in the near future.

For those that have no particular interest, it's just more of the same old stuff. Everything is wonderful, isn't the gospel special.
(ick!)

Posted by: happycat ( )
Date: June 13, 2017 02:30AM

I certainly hope he has more years in his presidency.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: June 13, 2017 05:26AM

I'd like to see him hang on to 104.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: June 13, 2017 02:45AM

"(I hope I got all the quote marks correct.)"

Polly, your posts always put a smile on my face. :D

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 13, 2017 06:31AM

So what are they doing to help him to continue his ear wiggling?

Also, does he have enough Pepsi to sip?

You can't trust the church PR to give us the stuff that truly matters.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.