Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Growing777 ( )
Date: May 24, 2017 04:56PM

I left the Mormon church over a decade ago but have a simple question. Do devout Mormons ever attack, stalk, or harm those who have left. I've heard stories of people getting "hurt" after leaving and also know of many who have been committed to hospitals or even poisoned with black widow spiders as retaliation for leaving or to make a bad example. What are the official and unofficial positions. Thanks.

Do you recommend never letting another Mormon into your home even if it costs you significantly??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: May 24, 2017 05:02PM

He's a computer tech who knows I'm an ExMo. He charged me 300. for the exact same work he did for my NoMo friend, whom he charged only 200.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 24, 2017 05:16PM

You've been out for 10 years, and you're afraid that there are Mormons out there with spiders just waiting for the chance to poison you?

Sorry, that's tin-foil hattery.

About the only thing that gets "hurt" when people leave Mormonism is feelings, and your net worth if your spouse decides to divorce you over leaving the cult.

Very rarely stalking or vandalism happens (heard of a couple people getting houses or car egged), but that happens among the general public too.

after ten years, anything that would have happened would have happened years ago.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 24, 2017 07:18PM

Anyone who asks questions deserves respectful answers.

Posted by: yetagain.... ( )
Date: May 24, 2017 05:47PM

The hurt comes have not being allowed to be a part of weddings.

The hurt comes have being invited to a birthday party but all in attendance ignore you.

The hurt comes from your kids crying after their cousins don't want to play with them.....

Yeah - they hurt you big time.....

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 24, 2017 06:51PM

TBM relatives often collude to freeze out exmos from inheriting.

I haven't heard of bodily violence or broken bones, but I guess it could happen. Those things do happen in some of the mormon splinter groups.

I don't let mormon stranger into my home because I'm not interested in hearing what they have to say and they give me hives.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: May 24, 2017 10:01PM

All of those things "Yetagain" mentioned happened to my family. My ex-husband's parents dis-inherited him when he left the cult.

My children and I were physically abused while we were STILL IN the cult, as good, active members.

Whenever my sons slept in after their early morning paper route, the priesthood leaders would storm into our house (the doors were unlocked), and throw my sleeping kids out of bed and onto the floor, where they kicked them. They shoved them around the room, getting their clothes on them, and actually kicked them in the rear end, up the stairs, and into the car. The bullies forceably kept my boys at church, so they couldn't leave. My boys were threatened not to tell me, and they kept it a secret for years. I was already at the church early, for music rehearsals and to play the organ.

My little girl was molested, as she slept in her sleeping bag, at a ward campout. The perp was the bishop's hideous high school senior son. My daughter screamed, and several other kids saw what was happening. The bishop threatened the kids not to tell. I found out about all of this, when one Saturday morning, I asked my kids, "Please--I want to know--why do you kids hate church so much--I really need to know." They told me, and I said, "You never have to go there again!", and we all cried.

I can tell you some facts, right now.

1. The Mormons are more likely to attack and hurt other members. They seek to impress, fellowship, and act friendly, in order to recruit non-Mormons.

2. If you become "inactive", the threats, the slander, lies, and gossip increase. Mormon men came to our door in groups of two or three, after 9:30 at night, and pounded loudly, until I finally had to yell through the door, "I'm not answering the door. Go away, or I will call the police."

3. Yes, Mormons definitely stalk those who leave, to try to get them to return.

4. After you OFFICIALLY resign, most of this harassment stops--especially if you threaten to sue.

5. Well, my Mormon RM temple-husband beat me almost every day, and almost killed me. We saw on National TV, some SLC Temple "bodyguards" beating up protesters, in front of the temple. I guess some people don't define divorcing a loving spouse, firing a good employee, slandering and maligning someone to their boss and co-workers, accusing someone of being on drugs, and threatening a sick person that they will get sicker--as actually "hurting" someone.

6. "Tin-foil hattery" my a__!
Can "Brother of Jerry" or anyone else on this board guarantee that the Mormons will NOT come after your children? The missionaries NOT try to recruit them? The Mormon relatives NOT try to teach them lies?

The Mormon cult is evil. I would not trust them with my children or grandchildren. I do not do business with them. But that's just me....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.