Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: October 24, 2010 09:30AM

... and wondering why the 15 haven't had major public policy disagreements (e.g., Apostle Cowley getting excommunicated) in the last 20 years. Are they just getting better at hiding it or is the religion so watered down now that there is nothing to disagree about?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Troy ( )
Date: October 24, 2010 09:47AM

It's amusing that whenever the Salt Lake Tribune suggests there is division among the LDS it makes them all fight like cats and dogs, while at the same time they're trying to hide the fact that they don't all believe the same thing. Then, when you point out their disagreements, they get really irate. They do not want to appear divided to everyone else. It totally cracks me up! How many of them secretly believe in polygamy but refuse to say a word?

I used to call my ex-wife a "liberal Mormon" and she was always flabbergasted. She seemed unaware that there are different Mormons with varying beliefs. Of course she wouldn't admit that MY family is Mormon. They are apostates, not real Mormons! She couldn't believe that there are Mormons who think playing cards are evil. She didn't believe me when I told her about a friend of mine in high school who got thrown out of the house when she got pregnant. Mormons would never do that!

Nobody has ever accused me of not being persistent. I worked on this woman for 20 years and she wouldn't budge. She's the only thing I've ever given up on. If SHE can hold onto her testimony around me for that long, God help us all deal with these Mormons!

Posted by: JBryan ( )
Date: October 24, 2010 11:32AM

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: October 24, 2010 01:17PM

"Mormon Polygamy" was a real eye opener for me. I wasn't even sure he was Mormon.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.