Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 04:46PM

He needed to retire a long time ago.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shapeshifter ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 04:55PM

He was the one with the really extra droning voice wasn't he? I used to sort of fall under his spell like with a good hypnotist. When I was young enough that skill of his really had me deceived. It made me think he was inspirational and must be a man of god to be able to talk in that oh so special voice. I wasn't to be bothered with what he was actually saying, just let the words soothe and carry me away..

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 05:12PM

Who is next in line? I have stopped keeping track of that.

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 06:05PM

gemini Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who is next in line? I have stopped keeping track
> of that.

Russell M. Nelson

Date: May 23, 2017 05:55PM

Do the counselors in the First Presidency have as many of the keys as President Monson?

Date: May 23, 2017 06:02PM

Here's how I think it ought to work:

If the Prophet is cognitively impaired and Heavenly Father does not see fit to heal him, Heavenly Father should be able to temporarily snap the Prophet back into shape long enough to speak for Heavenly Father each time Heavenly Father wants to issue a revelation.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 06:39PM

My wife had ALS and knew it was unless to battle any longer so see let go and in 10 days was gone. She was at peace with herself.

I do not think Monson is at peace with himself so he is hanging on. remember all the widows and how he was and they were. Maybe some guilt lingering. I say this because if he really loved his wife he would want to join her as soon as he could.

So why is he hanging on. As a prophet and Gods lead man he must know the other side is better than this one and that God will be there to great him. With all those temple experiences he has had in the SLC Holy of Holies, surely he must know or would want to go to the other side and get rid of this body.

But if he knew it was a fraud and that the saints are being taken to the cleaners, he may not want to me his maker and have to answer for the dishonestly.

Just my thoughts. I do not know the man but he seems like a man that does not want to leave this life.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 11:11PM

I never knew anyone else who had such a well calibrated death-o-meter. You could probably make some money charging people to tell them when they ought to die without them appearing to be low-class.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 24, 2017 12:49PM

My SP uncle fought death for years. He was in a nursing home for 3 years. My cousin told me he was horrified about the idea of dying.

My dad, not all that active mormon, was not afraid of death. He was ready for it. He wondered what would happen, but he wasn't afraid. My mother died before he did. The way it all went was "interesting." My mother had a lot wrong with her, but I believe she willed herself to die. Found out from my aunt that my mother told my aunt a few weeks before she died that she HAD TO DIE before my dad, and she did. Two months later, he was gone. It devastated him to lose her and yet they didn't always get along very well!!!! They were both completely lucid when they died. My mother was waiting for a second dessert as she was spending a few days in a nursing facility after a hospitalization. My dad never spent a day in a nursing facility. Their deaths showed me there are other ways to die than to spend my last days curled up in a ball in bed.

Gordon Hinckley fought death, too.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 06:44PM

Too bad he can't attend meetings because of some 'lame' excuse. I just wonder if as a GA he ever did some of the 'crap assignments' that members were tasked to do?

Can't attend meetings or temple, guess his going to the C kingdom is in jeopardy!

Hopefully, the church can pray for him!

Posted by: Darin ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 10:19PM

No one makes it to the CK that would be impossible.

3rd Article of faith. We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

2nd Nephi 25:23 for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.

Moroni 10:32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you,

D&C 25:15 Keep the commandments continually, and a crown of righteousness thou shalt receive. And except thou do this, where I am you cannot come.

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: May 24, 2017 10:24AM

You're confusing the Mormon concepts of salvation and exaltation.

In Mormon cosmology, salvation is free and universal: everyone will be saved, except for those who deliberately reject it (i.e. sons of perdition).

Exaltation, on the other hand, is earned. Yes, this requires help from God, but the exaltee must go through a bunch of rigmarole that involves secret passwords and handshakes, plus celestial marriage and probably polygamy.

Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 06:49PM

I wonder if this means he will not be taking his turn cleaning the toilets in his ward.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: May 24, 2017 12:20PM

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 07:54PM

Poor Monson. At least the Pope can resign. And the new pope is not the oldest Cardinal.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 10:05PM

He could resign. If he had done while competent.

Joseph himself resigned and declared Hyrum the president.

Over the years many apostles resigned from the 12. Though it has been decades since one has.

But the precedence is there.

Lorenzo Snow asked to be passed over for president due to his age. The 12 refused. He could have pressed the issue but gave in.

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 08:18PM

So Nelson is next? He is 92 years, 8 months, 2 weeks, and 1 day old as of today.

So who is after him?

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 08:25PM

Hoax.

Posted by: xxxMMMooo ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 09:12PM

Dallin Oaks (85)
Russell Ballard (89)
Robert Hales (85)
Jeffrey Holland (77)
Henry Eyring (84)
David Bednar (65)
Dieter Uchtdorf (77)
Quentin Cook (77)
Todd Christofferson (72)
Neil Andersen (66)
Ronald Rasband (66)
Gary Stevenson (62)
Dale Renlund (65)

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 10:46PM

I expect The Dodo's jowls are wiggling in anticipation of his great day of power. Amir ibn Al-Bednar must be positively jizzing his pants at the prospect. I sincerely hope both of them get in and have long terms to hasten the exodus work.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: May 24, 2017 03:34AM

xxxMMMooo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dallin Oaks (85)
> Russell Ballard (89)
> Robert Hales (85)
> Jeffrey Holland (77)
> Henry Eyring (84)
> David Bednar (65)
> Dieter Uchtdorf (77)
> Quentin Cook (77)
> Todd Christofferson (72)
> Neil Andersen (66)
> Ronald Rasband (66)
> Gary Stevenson (62)
> Dale Renlund (65)

Though they were sustained on the same day, I think Uchtdorf preceded Bednar and is considered technically senior to him.

Posted by: GC ( )
Date: May 24, 2017 12:59PM

yes, Dieter is senior to Bednar

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 10:58PM

He's waiting for Pepsi to release their latest soft drink.

Pepsi Forever is the drink that you can take with you into the next life.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: May 24, 2017 08:52AM

lawsuits pending against his poor pet church. God rest his poor corporate sole!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 24, 2017 09:04AM

Monson quote:

“Age eventually takes its toll on all of us. … Despite any health challenges that may come to us, despite any weakness in body or mind, we serve to the best of our ability. I assure you that the church is in good hands. The system set up for the Council of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve (Apostles) assures that it will always be in good hands ...."

As it is for all corporations, board members, and CEO's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2017 09:27AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: May 24, 2017 02:53PM

Rest assured dear members your beans are safe with us...our system of bean counting is the one true order of bean counting system guaranteed to enrich all those faithful from the six true families from which all mormon leadership must emanate...show by the upraised hand your support of multiple summer homes...first class airfare...bullet proof audi 8s...modest 14000 sq ft apartments with bullet proof glass...and modest living stipends even though all expenses are paid...who would turn down that offer?...in exchange for hot air at the proper intervals..geez whats with all the bullet proof stuff...is someone not playing nicely with others??...is the widow a little bitter about her mite...or are there details no one knows about from former business dealings?...i mean really...i dont know anyone that fearful...i drive with the window down all the time and no ones ever taken a shot at me...cept that kid with the pea shooter once

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.