Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 22, 2017 11:09PM

My Mormon neighbors have a funny story they retell often involving their youngest child. It goes like this. One Sunday when their youngest was primary age the child told their mother that they had identified the person in a picture hanging in the hallway of the church.

They proudly said that the person in the picture was Jesus Sniff. It actually was a picture of Jesus.

Out of the mouth of babes. A Mormon prophet also put two and too together but at least got the appellation of his god right....eous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E22FNolOyhQ

But I haven't even got to the punchline. Days or weeks later the child corrected themselves. The story had been a source for much amusement and I believe the child felt like correcting themselves. They told the whole family and whomever was listening to this story that they really knew this time the name of the man in the picture.

Drum roll.

"His name isn't JESUS sniff. It's JOSEPH SNIFF.

I smell a rat somewhere in this story. Oh, yeah, yesterday we were over at their house and they were telling someone this story. The mom after getting the requisite polite chuckles change the subject abruptly saying she was glad that when she woke up this morning she could finally breath through her nose.

Thank you Jesus Sniff for visiting your prophet Joseph so all might share in the blessing of your sniff of life. Would a rose by any other name save so sweet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 22, 2017 11:48PM

Tee hee hee.

:)

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 10:20AM

Oh, EB, that stunk. :)

Hail to the nose who communed with the odors...

Date: May 23, 2017 01:49PM

I agree. Polishing a turd can be ordorouus.

I wonder if Joseph sniffed something before he saw god and Jesus? Hinkley said revelation was a hunch. Maybe it starts with smelling celestial odors. The spirit of God in their bosoms (full of mercury) is burning...

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 02:08PM

When my wife was a little kid she went to Mount Rushmore and thought the guys were Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock, and Dr. McCoy. Wasn't sure about the 4th guy, but it wasn't Joseph Sniff.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 23, 2017 02:38PM

Chicken N. Backpacks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When my wife was a little kid she went to Mount
> Rushmore and thought the guys were Captain Kirk,
> Mr. Spock, and Dr. McCoy. Wasn't sure about the
> 4th guy...

Scottie, of course :)

Date: May 26, 2017 07:42AM

The faith to beam mountains.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: May 26, 2017 10:49AM

I just never tired of kirk ordering max power from the engine room and scotty saying shes already at 110 ten percent captain i dont think she can take much more...or something...beam me up scotty...after all these years...being atrekky is lots the same as being a mormon...live long and prosper...set phasers to stun

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.