Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 03:20PM

One wonders (anyway, me) why this talented, pretty, woman has chosen never to marry.

Anyone have more information reg Sheri, than most of us?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 03:28PM

(Sorry for the unintended "sin" word--my compt. takes so much time now-a-days, to print what I write, that I miss such stuff.)

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 03:32PM

Is it true that she is a lesbian ?

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 22, 2017 06:56AM

One usually thinks she is lesbian, and a long-time partner of Wendy Watson. And I think, go for it, sisters! They bought a house together and lived there many years. Watson eventually married Russ Nelson after his wife passed away. She is literally the polygamous 2nd wife of Nelson, by LDS doctrine. If anyone could get away with a lesbian lifestyle in the LDS church, it would be either one of them. They enjoy positions of influence.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 03:37PM

Considering the pool of Mormon men at her disposal, I think her excessively high standards have paid off. With any luck, she won't reproduce.

Date: May 21, 2017 03:41PM

Er, that's kinda snarky even for me. Poor Sheri, it's a hell of a ride. But if all you learn is then Mormonism "ain't your friend", it will have been worth it.

Date: May 21, 2017 04:00PM

I think Sheri is a sign of TSCC's market saavy. They need to retain the single women as a matter of economic survival. They might not have much hope with young guys, but young women are where the next generation of suckers, I mean tithe payers, is coming from.

But the strategy won't work. Even if they read and understand this post it won't work. Because their doctrine is stuck on "Marry an RM in the temple". I'm afraid the brethren may be dumber than we imagined. The lowering of the missionary age was to produce breeding stock for these young ladies. I shouldn't have to point out how insane that is. Their breeding stock is dwindling with nothing to replace it and their little Mormon makers are hooking up with non-Mos (big step up), leaving TSCC or lying fallow.

Date: May 21, 2017 04:34PM

So I might as well round it out by saying I'm glad the church is doomed. Maybe it was just it's time. Death is how systems evolve. I'm sure Joseph's story will be told far and embarrassingly wide. I feel honored to be alive at it's downfall.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 04:24PM

http://www.salamandersociety.com/media/movies/fanclubs/sheri_dew/

of note is the story shared publicly by Wendy Watson Nelson about the time "hey had just participated in a symposium on the Prophet Joseph Smith in New York and arrived at 4:30 a.m. at the Rochester airport to return home."

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 07:37PM

I don't give a rip about whether she prefers men or women. That's her own business.

I do give a rip about her advising women in the church to measure their value only in breeding. She has no right, nor personal experience on that score. Now, if she wanted to talk about how she measures her personal worth and how others can gain experience from her life, tell away. Otherwise, I don't think she should speak of things she hasn't experienced in order to devalue all other valuable facets of the female experience.

Posted by: Anon370H55V ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 08:22PM

Devoted Exmo....

I agree!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 07:44PM

63 yrs old, born in KS.

Posted by: DewDrop ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 09:41PM

She was/is probably much more intelligent and ambitious than her male suitors during her dating years in Utah. Many Mormon males generally want submissive women. She doesn't fit the Molly Mormon mold. She probably intimidated the men she dated.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 10:46PM

Poor Sheri.

The dew done dried up on her lily.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: May 22, 2017 01:15AM

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1075546

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2017 01:15AM by steve benson.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.