Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 20, 2017 10:11AM

I would have to sustain JS as a prophet, seer and revelator. I think I could do that. He was a seer of other men's wives and a revelator of BS. A prophet? Why not? I'm a prophet, you're a prophet, everybody here's a prophet, wouldn't you like to be a prophet too? (Drink the Kool Aid, drink Mormon Kool Aid).

Next question, bish.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: May 20, 2017 04:21PM

You could go back. How about this--we plan a business together. You go back and bring me back, too. Hell, let's even get Ziller back.

Then, we could market your reactivating tools for fallen members to the Morg leadership. Your tools include, a nice speaking circuit (where, unbeknownst to the crowd, Ziller and I come running up crying how we've been deceived and you demand our repentance), books (we could inflate the positive comments about your books on Amazon--this book brought me back into Mormonism!), blogs (the Morg will help pay off Google so your blog shows up first), etc.

These will, of course, need big start up money that the three of us don't have. We'll market it to the Q-15--that for ever dollar they have invest in BABs.org--they will receive a 10% tithing increase over a reactivated member's lifespan.

Then, we'll offer auditing services. We'll use Ziller's pole dancers to ferret out those guts not fully repentant.

What say you? Ziller's Boner.

Posted by: oneinbillions ( )
Date: May 20, 2017 04:55PM

I'd say it depends entirely on the individual and their experiences. Some people DO go back.

For me personally, I know for certain that I could never go back. Not just because there's plenty of evidence that it's all a scam, but because I always hated the entire culture surrounding Mormonism. I hate the patriarchy and the perfectionism. So even if you could somehow convince me that the doctrine is at least doable, I couldn't stand the rest.

Posted by: slayermegatron ( )
Date: May 24, 2017 08:20AM

If you really wanted to go to church then what is stopping you? Do you have to believe in the church to attend sacrament meeting? Think about it this way, you can go to sacrament meeting, skip all the other hellish meetings, and not have any sort of guilt over it. Maybe you can go there sometimes, and other times to a catholic meeting. Or maybe others. You are completely free now, no obligations.

Date: May 24, 2017 10:25AM

That's a good point. I could drink the LDS-laced Kool Aid in moderation. However, I wouldn't want to expose my kids to it. Or worse yet, my innocent DW. To me, it would be like going to a freak show. I'd go for the entertainment value. You really have to be exmo to get the humor.

Date: May 24, 2017 10:35AM

After all, isn't church just an entertainment venue? It's an escape from reality. Even with the dirty laundry showing, the show must go on. I wouldn't give them 10% of my income. Maybe a few bucks for clown makeup.

Posted by: slayermegatron ( )
Date: May 25, 2017 05:59AM

In that case I recommend visiting only on fast Sunday. Maybe even get up and say something really crazy while there. "...and that's when the angel of light appeared! That is how I knew that this time the slot machine would pay out. When it didn't I knew it was because of pride on my part... of this I hear solemn witness in his name Amen"

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: May 24, 2017 10:44AM

It wouldn't be possible for me. It's not just pretending to believe in the doctrines, it's the fact that I simply don't fit in with the people anymore.

I can hang out with one TBM friend. We just don't talk religion.

But the two times I've gotten together with a group of them, for a funeral and a birthday, I realized that all they talk about is church stuff. "What calling do you have? What ward are you in? Well, Heavenly Father ..." Church is the one thing they all have in common.

I couldn't talk to them in a group. It's all church stuff and I sadly realized that I didn't fit in with people I've known most of my life. I still love them dearly, but I'm definitely an odd man out. Well, odd woman out.

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: May 24, 2017 11:18PM

Why go back when you can go forward? You can go back mentally but move ahead physically, emotionally and spiritually. Do you want to grow into your best self or let others control, humiliate and deprive you?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 25, 2017 12:52AM

what has been learned cannot be unlearned.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 25, 2017 02:13AM

Time travel is possible thus far according to physicists, to the future.

So to answer your question, no it isn't possible to go back (only forward.) We cannot go back the way we came.

Next question. ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2017 11:16AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: dp ( )
Date: May 25, 2017 02:20AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteridge%27s_law_of_headlines

a.k.a.,

"No."

---

Man, I'm getting as obscure as ziller. I must be tired, and it must be time to go to bed.

Posted by: Hockey Rat ( )
Date: May 25, 2017 03:02AM

I remember that commercial! My sister had a crush on David Naughton, the guy who did the singing. I hated it, especially when all of the dumb people came up to him and joined him, soon becoming a crowd. I hate DP; it taste like medicine.

I remember a few people back then saying that he was " Mormon", don't know why.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: May 25, 2017 03:26AM

Once you have seen through a delusion, you can't go back.

You can't unsee the truth and you'll be smirking through Sacrament meeting.

It takes a person who is willing to forego the life journey of authenticity in exchange for fake belonging. A few do it "for the kids" not realizing they are giving the kids a life sentence of slavery.

All I can say is it gets better.

Kathleen

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: May 25, 2017 11:07AM

There was a program on tv a few years back that revealed how the magicians perform their magic. It was shown how they are able to make objects "disappear", the secrets to various card tricks, etc. Once you've seen that, it takes away the "magic" and wonder of it all. Kinda like when you realized the church is based on smoke and mirrors; it's a let-down and IMO, there is no going back, unless you can be a great pretender.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.