Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Recoveredatlonglast ( )
Date: May 19, 2017 03:18AM

I have not posted in this forum for quite a long time.

Here is my life after leaving Mormonism (from a text msg to a friend)

"Let me tell you my friend since I left that insidious cult I have traveled three times to Greece, seen some of the wonders of the world, have traveled to Scotland, to Mexico, to Austria, and now I am in Greece about to perform in front of an international audience. I would never have dreamed in my wildest fantasies that life could be so good. The best thing is that I have found courage and I am not afraid of anything anymore, especially the truth. I used to try to just survive after leaving Mormonism, because I had no identity. But I have found who I am, and in every way I have recovered. The freedom and the sense of fulfillment is unlike anything I have ever known."

I really feel that I have finally recovered. What I thought was impossible once has finally come to pass. I no longer feel anger at Mormons and Mormonism, I feel a sense of pity and compassion because they have no idea. They have no idea that they are trapped in this illusion of freedom. They have surrendered their souls and their minds to this fantasy, to these men (and women) who, like spiritual parasites, want nothing more than to control their lives, and hand them the illusion of freedom on a sliver platter of falsehoods.

Mormonism once robbed me of happiness, but when I exercised my freedom to leave I finally found happiness, peace of mind, mental and physical health, and most importantly real love, not love conditioned upon behavior nor belief. It is ironic now that I have the freedom that I longed for - the freedom to do whatever I want - I am more moral, more tolerant, and more of the man that I always wanted to be.

Recovery is not only possible after leaving Mormonism, I believe it is inevitable, as long as we take the time to heal our souls, our minds, and our bodies. Our bodies and our minds and our souls are designed for healing. We are meant to be free. Truly free.

If you are reading this and thinking of leaving, and were afraid. like I was, of losing everything, have courage. Have courage that your life can be better than you possibly could imagine. You may difficulties, yes, but in the end, you will have freedom, and the life you want to have, and the life you deserve.

If you are reading this and you have left, you have my utmost admiration. Ex-Mormons are among the most courageous men and women I have ever met. You should give yourselves a pat on the back. You should look in the mirror and know that you are a man or woman of incredible courage and character.

I will not pretend that leaving was easy. It was the most difficult, and therefore, the most important thing I ever did. I paid a heavy price, but I would pay that price again in a split second to have the life I have now. I have gained hundreds of new friends all over the world, I have a new career, I have a new home, I have a new wife who loves me without any conditions whatsoever.

The biggest lesson in life that I have learned is that you cannot fight against who you are, and you cannot live a life of pretense, trying to be what you simply cannot be. You cannot 'doubt your doubts'. You cannot run away from the truth, because in the end, it will hunt you down and make you face it. You never were intended to live a lie. You were intended to be free. You are meant to be happy, and if you aren't now, you will be. It will happen. Your life will change for the better more than you can possibly imagine.

Two years out, recovered at last, about to go to see the Acropolis again.

From Athens,

Recoveredatlonglast

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: deja vue ( )
Date: May 19, 2017 04:59AM

Cheers to you! I love hearing about successful and happy lives and living. Keep flying high. You give me courage and remind me to smile.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 19, 2017 05:06AM

Congratulations, globetrotter, on your recovery and finding fulfillment post-Mormonism.

It isn't easy, is it? But is so worth it. Freedom is more than a state of mind when the shackles come off from the control that the cult had over our lives.

We were made to have joy.

Enjoy.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: May 19, 2017 10:15AM

Bravo! I second the motion. It took me years to figure out who I really was, but when I did, my new life was just like you describe.

Mormons have no idea. So busy bragging that they are the happiest that they don't have time to notice they don't even know the meaning of the word. Reaching your highest potential is impossible when you are busy reaching a potential assigned to you by some narrow minded selfish old men in SLC.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: May 19, 2017 10:33AM

Congratulations! Freedom is a great feeling! I was able to polish off my long-unused bs meter which I have put to good use since finding out all the truth about TSCC. It's so nice to hear about stories with happy new beginnings. It's so true that we are meant to enjoy life and have some real happiness; not the false happiness that the cult offers.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 19, 2017 05:37PM

Posted by: Puppet ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 10:33AM

This is great and needs to be bumped. Thank you for posting this!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 21, 2017 02:12PM

Wonderful. Enjoy life! Thanks.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.