Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: granny ( )
Date: May 19, 2017 01:04AM

It's that time of year again-- Wedding time. I have bitter memories of the exclusionary practice of the church of leaving some family members outside the temple when dear children, brothers, sisters, parents and friends are inside being married.

It is one of the most exclusionary, unfair and disgusting policies of the church. If it weren't for all the money the church gets through this immoral extortion of "tithing for temple", they would probably change the policy.

For all the PR they bother with you think they would see how bad this looks. This is a black eye on the face of the church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: May 19, 2017 03:35AM

The truly sad part is this practice is not universal across the whole church.

There are countries where mormons marry in public and are sealed later.

There was a time many members married in a civil ceremony and were not sealed until years later.

I'd love to see people get married publicly and then sealed a year later just to show family was more important than church.

Posted by: relievedtolearn ( )
Date: May 19, 2017 06:45PM

me too. as an outsider, I see this as clearly un-family-friendly, not to mention very sad---but "insiders" seem to think it's just fine and not abnormal. yuck.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.