Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sue ( )
Date: May 08, 2017 09:55PM

THE..VERY..LAST..ONE!!

EXMORMON FOUNDATION CONFERENCE

"JOINING THE DANCE OF LIFE!!"

October 20-22, 2017
The Doubletree Suites, Salt Lake City, Utah

Due to many factors, the Exmormon Foundation Board has made the decision that the 2017 Conference will be our last one. It's a different EXMO world these days, with such a wealth of info available to those who are doubting and/or beginning their journey out of the church. Exmos are meeting in groups all over the world. If you've always wanted to come and never made it yet, NOW IS THE TIME!!

Watch for more news soon. The details about our great roster of speakers will be up on our web site, www.exmormonfoundation.org within a few weeks, along with instructions for registering and booking a hotel room if needed. If you want to reserve that room now, call 801.359.7800, ask for the reservation clerk, and make sure you tell her that you are booking a room in the Exmormon Foundation Block. Do NOT call the national Doubletree Suites reservation number.

Watch for more info!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 08, 2017 10:24PM

I'd like to say I was able to go, but am unable to attend again this year.

Was hoping to be able in several years when I relocate to Utah to retire.

Do you think there's any chance of it being revived in the foreseeable future?

Even though I didn't attend I have been listening to the podcast as it's being broadcast.

Is there just not enough turnout to keep it viable these days?

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: May 08, 2017 10:37PM

I always wanted to go, and I was never able to, either.

Thank you for all of your amazing work (year round) to produce these every year.

Like Amyjo, I have been listening to them live on the podcasts, too. Even though I have never personally been to one, they have been an important part of my life.

Thank you, Sue...and thank you to everyone else who has worked so hard every year to present some amazingly-wonderful programming.

You, and everyone involved, have had much more lasting impact than I think any of you probably are aware of.

Thank you!!!

Date: May 09, 2017 01:48PM

There probably is some possibility that someone else will take this up....but it's not a simple matter. We've always had a hard time getting involved in helping with the work, and it IS a lot of work. And I always feel badly for those who want to come, and just can't swing it. But we've been doing this or 16-17 years now, and it's just time. I won't know what to do with myself in the fall of 2018!! :-)

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: May 09, 2017 07:22AM

Isn't it interesting that as the number of devout LDS that are opening their eyes and leaving is increasing, the need for a formal ExMo conference is dwindling.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 09, 2017 07:37AM

I can't go this year, and am sorry I won't be able to go to any in future. It's a great place to mix and socialize with other ex-Mormons, many of whom are on this site.

Thank you, Sue, for all that work. It was a pleasure getting to know you.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: May 09, 2017 01:36PM

My husband and I have gone many times, met so many people from this board, and made new friends, as well.

You've done a great job with this, Sue!

We'll miss it, but I so get that there comes a time to pass the torch or put it down.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: May 09, 2017 01:57PM

That is an astute observation by the Ex-mo Foundation.

The new mantra: Support Your Local Exmormon Group!

The Foundation was there when I needed it and attending the two times I did were great and edifying experiences. It was a millions time more edifying than any Sunday spent in a mormon pew.

Whole Families are leaving now due to the catalyst of early Ex-mo support groups like this foundation. You guys are heroes! The blessings will be UUUUUGGEE!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2017 01:57PM by AmIDarkNow?.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: May 10, 2017 09:31AM

Sue, you more than deserve the "Mo-bel Prize for Peace-of-Mind" for the years and countless hours of work with your Exmo Conferences.

No way am I missing the last Big Exmo Bang in October. Unless Jesus comes for the Second Time and upstages the event.

Date: May 10, 2017 05:54PM

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: May 11, 2017 03:58PM

All I can say is a great big thanks for all the past years, here from the UK.

I was investigating the church during 2005-07 and discovering the exmo foundation audio's online were a huge help.

Back then it was a real shock to discover what I was really getting involved in and how I was effectively being manipulated, fake friended, love bombed and groomed for eventual garments!

12 years on Mormonism is but a joke and entertainment to me now, though for newly evolving exmo's it's still a potentially devastating, frightening and life changing event for them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.