Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Convert ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 03:16AM

http://alixandbrynt.blogspot.com/2011/05/yesterday-brynt-and-i-had-really-cool.html

Choice quote: "it amazed me that the spirit could be so actively involved in something as mundane as cleaning :)"

So I knew people were cleaning church buildings but called to clean the inside of the temple? Really? When did that start?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 03:19AM

I remember going to do grounds yard work at the San Diego temple in 2001 or earlier.

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 04:00PM

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 04:21PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2011 04:21PM by WiserWomanNow.

Date: May 21, 2011 04:22PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2011 04:23PM by WiserWomanNow.

Posted by: Mrs. Solar Flare ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 05:14AM

Wow, just really neat.
Really amazing and neat.
Really cool and well, really really neat.

Really, really, hurl, Gag.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 09:19PM

You sure got that right! This blog sounds like it's written by a Morgbot (I'm sure she's a nice person though).

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 06:26AM

that you can see going on in various cults. Once the initial conditioning and recruitment phase is finished, cult members can and will re-interpret anything and everything--including scraping boogers off of chair bottoms--into a faith-promoting experience.

With just a little reworking of terminology, the linked cotton-candy-esque puff piece of faith-promoting pablum could easily fit perfectly in any other mind control cult context. (I mean, they were issued jumpsuits fercrissake!)

Let's take a look:

"Cleaning and Learning at the Master Guru Gary's Spiritual Healing and Love Center

Yesterday Brynt and I had a really cool experience. We got to go clean the Master Guru's Spiritual Healing and Love Center (SHLC)! It was such a neat way to view the SHLC and we both really enjoyed it.

We got there around 10pm, and they gave us special jump suits (SPECIAL JUMP SUITS!!! YAY!!!), then we went to a little meeting about the SHLC, it was really cool and it amazed me that the spirit could be so actively involved in something as mundane as cleaning Guru Gary's ultra special velvet room used for special hands on spiritual healing:) After the meeting we went strait to work (on account of wanting to be saved from dire straits through serving the SHLC).
It never stops amazing me how much you learn at the SHLC, no matter what you are doing: walking on the grounds, doing work in side, or in this case cleaning boogers and sticky stuff out of the velvet upholstery. I was sweeping the floors and thinking how it felt kind of silly that I was cleaning something that seems perfectly clean already, and that is when I had a really interesting thought. The point wasn't to clean something that was dirty, it was to keep it from ever getting dirty. To some, this isn't that profound but to me it was just so neat. When I thought about it in terms of me, it made so much sense, I need to be constantly "cleaning" my life so that I never have big messes to clean up, just on going maintenance so that I stay as fresh and new as possible.
I am so grateful that Brynt and I had this chance to serve, and to learn. We enjoyed it so very much and will be gladly doing it again if the opportunity arises :) We hope to be assigned to clean Guru Gary's holy bongs next week!! Talk about special fer shure!!!"

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 06:45AM

OMG is this another Seriously So Blessed? Brynt? Really? LOL!

Seriously though, this is sad. It never ceases to amaze me the great lengths TBMs will go to to keep themselves deluded.

Date: May 21, 2011 03:55PM

Just replied, She said its not her calling but she wishes it was because it was awesome, lol

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 04:09PM

ward house. I've seen some glow over it. The temple must be a real treat.

Posted by: Otremer ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 04:16PM

After all, no unclean thing can enter the Temple, right? There shouldn't be any dirt in there to remove. Besides, its the Lord's house and doesn't he have several wives to do the cleaning?

Date: May 21, 2011 04:23PM

Posted by: Pista ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 05:33PM

reminded me of people who have philosophical epiphanies while stoned on pot.

"Dude, this Twinkie is like a metaphor for life. You know, how some times you just have to bite into to to get to the creamy center."

"Dude, that is so deep!"

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 07:50PM

She's deleted all the comments except one positive one. If you are going to write, you need to learn how to take opposing viewpoints. Maybe she'll give up her blog because of all the "meanies" who didn't praise her and agree with her.

Geez.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 10:22PM

southern idaho inactive Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WiserWomanNow Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > n/t
>
>
> 2 of the 3 are nasty comments!! Ouch!!

Mine wasn't nasty; it was honest. It's been deleted.

Date: May 21, 2011 04:43PM

Well she was homeschooled by her mormon parents and married at 18 so yeah

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 09:21PM

OMFG the ultimate in brainwashed Molly Mormon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2011 09:24PM by imalive.

Posted by: Lost ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 04:58PM

What's so neat about cleaning a toilet???

Something is moving this person and it isn't a spirit...

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 05:33PM

The holy ghost is confirming to her that the dirt she cleans away is true dirt and not some figment of her imagination. She must be so blessed to have the holy ghost in her life!

Actually I'm appalled once again for the sheer greed of TSCC. People used to be paid to do this sort of stuff, now they save yet more money that won't go to charity.

Posted by: Anon455 ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 05:46PM

I again have a different take on this. College student that clean the temple are usually paid. This cleaning takes place at night and the temple is totally quiet.

I was a supervisor who had responsibility for closing the temple and I can tell you it's quite wonderful to walk through beautiful rooms that are empty, with total silence all around. Usually the lights are dimmed and one can just sit and meditate in a setting that rivals those of royalty in England. (After all, the plaster work in the SL Temple WAS done by converts from England who had worked on royal manor houses and knew their stuff!)

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 06:35PM

I just published this response to the post:

"It is undignified to deprive the unemployed with employment. Instead of feeding the Mormon needy from the Bishop's pantry and sending them at night to do volunteer work that used to earn then a living and provide social security for their future, why not give them a JOB.

Ask the people who used to clean how they feel about being given fish instead of being allowed to fish."

Anagrammy

Date: May 21, 2011 07:04PM

Did you guys read Jack Mormon's response on his blog? Wow, talk about totally missing the point. But props to him for linking this site to his blog! The more TBMs that come here and get exposed to TRUTH the better.

As for Alix's (Alix with an I? Really? How Mormony) response, she's either very stupid or very immature. I'll just give her the benefit of the doubt as a kid with the wool pulled over her eyes. Sigh. I remember being young and deluded for a time.

Date: May 22, 2011 12:22AM

goldenrule Wrote:
> Did you guys read Jack Mormon's response on his
> blog? Wow, talk about totally missing the point.
> But props to him for linking this site to his
> blog! The more TBMs that come here and get exposed
> to TRUTH the better.
>

I must have missed that, what is the link to his blog? All the posts are deleted now

Posted by: Regulargal ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 08:04PM

I posted something on this blog about why dont they hire people and give them jobs instead but looks like they deleted all the posts they didnt like

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 08:23PM

Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 09:02PM

I love to see the temple
I'm going there someday
to scrub the johns and carpets
and sweep the trash away.

For the temple is a scam of Joe's,
A place of lies and polygamy.
I’ll be brainwashed while I am young;
This is my cultic duty.

Posted by: roflmao ( )
Date: May 23, 2011 01:24AM

AngelCowgirl Wrote:
> ♫
> I love to see the temple
> I'm going there someday
> to scrub the johns and carpets
> and sweep the trash away.
>
> For the temple is a scam of Joe's,
> A place of lies and polygamy.
> I’ll be brainwashed while I am young;
> This is my cultic duty.
> ♫

I love the poets here! You are truly the salt of the mirth! Do more do more!

Posted by: Sandie ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 09:13PM

Or they have been breathing too much cleaning fluid.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 09:13PM

There's no point in posting stuff she will not agree with. It's her blog, so what is the point.

You can post stuff she will agree with. Go on. Be creative. You know you want to. ;o))

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 12:34AM

What a moron.

Maybe she has a few brain cells that survived her upbringing, and they will secretly reproduce so that one day she will have a functional mind. But I doubt it. Her brain cells are wearing garments and that kills the sex drive, even the sex drive of brain cells.

Reading that was like sticking ones head in a cotton candy maker. So very sickening sweet and suffocating.

Hope she gets a life before she dies.

Date: May 22, 2011 04:11AM

Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" Wrote:
> What a moron.
>
> Maybe she has a few brain cells that survived her
> upbringing, and they will secretly reproduce so
> that one day she will have a functional mind. But
> I doubt it. Her brain cells are wearing garments
> and that kills the sex drive, even the sex drive
> of brain cells.
>
> Reading that was like sticking ones head in a
> cotton candy maker. So very sickening sweet and
> suffocating.
>
> Hope she gets a life before she dies.

I know her in real life. Nice girl, just homeschooled so her parents could fill her with Mormon and revisionist history propaganda, married at 18.

Date: May 22, 2011 10:25PM

Still deleting comments lol

Date: May 23, 2011 03:04AM

Is Jack Mormon's still there? Very TBM. He links his blog and then links RfM on there.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 05:44AM

This is classic Cog Diss.

cleaning is a mundane, boring neccessity.... if you are going to do it for someone else, for free, you have to invest it with some sort of special significance or pleasure, that you dont get from cleaning any other place.

Cog Diss

Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: May 23, 2011 07:51AM

EssexExMo Wrote:
> This is classic Cog Diss.
>
> cleaning is a mundane, boring neccessity.... if
> you are going to do it for someone else, for free,
> you have to invest it with some sort of special
> significance or pleasure, that you dont get from
> cleaning any other place.
>
> Cog Diss

My dyslexic brain read that Cog Diss as 'Dog Piss' at first, lol!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.