Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Convert ( )
Date: October 24, 2010 01:18AM

Just curious. I imagine in the middle of nowhere years ago there could be some severe consequences.

Did they used to assault them or run them out of town on a rail with no national media to be there and report on it?

Just curious

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: October 24, 2010 01:40AM

There was enough non Mormon support in SLC by then that it wasn't too much of a problem. They just had the usual family stuff, like don't tell the grandkids or you'll never see them again.

Dang, I wish I could go back and get the details about that now.

Posted by: george ( )
Date: October 24, 2010 02:01AM

Certainly urban apostates would follow a different path than rural apostates. In North Long Beach, in 1958, I had a ward teaching route of seventeen families. It was called the "untouchable route." You never got beyond the front door, indeed it was often slammed on you. Occasionally a former member would tell you about their new religion, maybe give you a pamphlet. Interesting days, I wouldn't accept such an assignment today. I have learned about boundaries.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 02:03AM by george.

Posted by: Master C ( )
Date: October 24, 2010 08:19AM

they taught Blood Atonement and many apostates were killed. Jim Whitefields Mormon Delusion Volume 3 has some good information on this.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: October 24, 2010 08:26AM

“I say, rather than that apostates should flourish here, I will unsheath [sic] my bowie knife, and conquer or die [Great commotion in the congregation, and a simultaneous burst of feeling, assenting to the declaration.]. Now, you nasty apostates, clear out, or judgment will be put to the line, and righteousness to the plummet [Voices, generally, ‘go it, go it.’]. If you say it is right, raise your hands [All hands up.]. Let us call upon the Lord to assist us in this, and every good work.”

- Prophet Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, v. 1, p. 83;
---------------------

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.