Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 12:58AM

Hi Bob,
Thank you for your interest in chatting with a member of the Church. What would you like to talk about?

Bob 9:25 PM
Hello?

Now chatting with: David and Marco

David 9:25 PM
Hey Bob, welcome to chat!

Is this a robot?

David 9:25 PM
No, we are real life people.

I suppose that's what a robot is programmed to say in response to that question, right?

Bob 9:26 PM
How do I know you're real people and not just a robot?

David 9:26 PM
Oh you are right! In that case, I hope you can continue this chat in the hopes that you are chatting to two humans instead of a robot with really good programmed responses.

Bob 9:26 PM
haha

David 9:26 PM
What can we do for you Bob?

Bob 9:27 PM
OK. So do you allow children older than 8yo's to get baptized if their parents are felons, like a murderer?

David 9:28 PM
If we were robots, we might know, but unfortunately that is something that we just have never come across. We know that if parents are homosexual, then the child must be 18 before baptism, but you would have to ask a bishop to get an answer to your question.

Bob 9:29 PM
Why do children of homosexuals not get to be baptized but no problem with children of convicted felons?

David 9:30 PM
Do you know what the rule is for children of convicted felons?

Bob 9:31 PM
You said you were not aware of whether or not children of convicted felons were ineligible for baptism, but you are aware that children of homosexuals are not worthy to get baptized, I'm just asking why?
So, I guess the church hasn't come out and said that children of felons are ineligible, just children of homosexuals, right?

David 9:32 PM
Aha, I see where you are getting at. So we simply new the rule on homosexuals families because that was a recent change made to the Church handbook because it's an ever growing issue that has started to grow recently. On the other hand, I am certain that there is a rule regarding children of parents who were felons, but I am not certain because I've never had to learn that before.
Normally the bishops are the only ones to handle these issues when they come up.

Bob 9:33 PM
So my main question is, why is it worse for a child to be born of a homosexual than a murderer?

David 9:34 PM
Without proper information Bob, I don't find it appropriate for us to make assumptions about church policy. Even if there wasn't a rule regarding baptism of children with parents who were felons, I wouldn't say that either option is worse than the other.

Bob 9:37 PM
I mean, there is no law that you've ever heard of preventing a child from getting baptized if their parents are murderers, but there is a policy that does prohibit children from even getting blessed if their parents happen to be gay. My question is how is homosexuality worse than being a murderer if God created homosexuals?

David 9:40 PM
God made humans who make mistakes. These traits and mistakes define us and refine us as we take them before the Lord. He knows all, and we have to accept that fact in order to understand and be at peace regarding His commands. I think instead of questioning the policy regarding when they can be baptized, we can find greater power knowing that they CAN in fact be baptized. God does not restrict Salvation, but makes it available to all who desire it. Why the age restriction, I'm not sure, but I know that it was revealed through a prophet of God, by a God who knows us from beginning to end. We must trust and not doubt His ways.

Bob 9:42 PM
Why are children less worthy to be baptized in the Mormon Church if their parents are gay then they are if their parents are murderers?

9:43 PM
The chat session has ended.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 05:17AM

It seems to me that David had to get himself a little help. The "David" at the end of the chat uses a more coherent sentence structure than the "David" at the beginning.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 09:57AM

"I hope you can continue this chat in the hopes that you are chatting to two humans instead of a robot with really good programmed responses." I sat back in my seat when I read that! Do they not LISTEN TO THEMSELVES? Wow. In all the different chat sessions that you have had with these young folks, they always put up the walls when they feel the pressure for an honest answer.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 10:05AM

I thought that was funny, actually.

What grabbed my attention was the claim that this policy was revealed through a profit and came from god. I hope that's in official print somewhere so they can't recant in a few years and say they don't know that we ever taught that. Oh wait . . . I guess that mightn't stop them.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 10:09AM

Did the prophet ever explain what happens to unbaptized children between 8 and 18? I mean, if you get run over by a bus when you're only 16, what happens? Do you wait a year to get BFD?

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 10:15AM

Well, what happens to a 7 year old who gets hit by a bus? The same thing happens with a 16 year old homosexual spawn who really wants to be baptized but due to the rules ... ermmm ... prophecy ... can't be. Trust me.

Prophet Lillium

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 11:09AM

well done. For me it shows how deceitful the missionaries continue to be. For instance, the simple tenet of salvation. Two fallacies that they lied about relative to "God does not restrict Salvation, but makes it available to all who desire it."

This statement sounds like a very mainstream thing to say, but in reality:
1) Mormons believe that salvation (resurrection) is given to everyone whether they believe it or not.
2) Exaltation is not given to everyone. It is definitely not given to homosexuals.
3) Exaltation is not given on the basis of simply "desiring" it either. A Mormon must do a LOT of shi* to be eligible for exaltation.

Lot of underlying misinformation that they spew out. Liars.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 11:42AM

You mean like the North Koreans trust Kim Jong-un?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 07:00PM

They do indeed sound like robots.

Last year, wasn't Marco Rubio accused of being a robot?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2017 07:00PM by messygoop.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 07:41PM

Trust the Prophet and you don't have to worry your pretty little head about anything else. So simple. The Mormon version of "One Stop Shopping."

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 08:34PM

Koriwhore - this might be a stupid question, but where are these chats conducted? I have a few questions myself, and I'm curious to see how they would dance around them.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 08:53PM

Mormon.org
They have a chat feature.
Whenever I see an ad promusing me answers to my MORmON related wuestions, I respond by asking my most pressing questions, Mormons cant answer w/o lying.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.