Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: April 26, 2017 04:16PM

"A number of alleged victims around San Diego are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Cooper even touted his two-year Mormon mission in New England and boasted that he is an Eagle Scout on a Total Wealth Management website."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 26, 2017 04:20PM

That fits in nicely with the tithing fraud they practice.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: April 26, 2017 04:44PM

And, that's the connection. People that believe in flaming swords, gold plates, prophets, priesthood magic, etc. are easily duped by people that claim to believe like them. 18% guaranteed? Why wouldn't church leaders announce that at general conference? More gross dollars for the flock, more tithing dollars for the top of the pyramid. The church itself should be promoting this. Unless it's just another fraud.
Almost wants to make me want to join the church to prey upon the gullible. If only I didn't have a conscience.

Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: April 26, 2017 04:35PM

A Mormon defrauding a fellow Mormon tell me it's not true. What's the world coming to. Next thing I know someone will be telling me J.S. used a magic rock to translate the BOM.

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: April 26, 2017 10:17PM

Familiar fraud within the LDS church is an epidemic all over, not just in Utah. And the bishops won't hold the evil doers responsible. Often they enable them. So much for honesty and truth from the one and only true church on the face of the earth.

Posted by: anon this time ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 10:42AM

I was in this guy's ward in San Diego back in the day. I feel really bad for his wife and kids.

Posted by: slcdweller ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 11:26AM

The more morally flexible Morgbots cant help themselves. A ready supply of certifiably gullible sheeple to exploit.

Easy pickings.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 01:21PM

It's not just gullibility, though that is a big part of it. Mormons also tend to be greedy, and have a huge sense of entitlement. They deserve to be blessed, dammit!

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 01:43PM

Can you imagine what they're in for after they die? It's like Willie Wonka dressing down Charlie. "You get NOTHING!!!"

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 01:36PM

I remember a bishop in my wife's ward (I was pretty much out by then) that was selling diamonds. He told my wife, "You can't lose on this." No, we didn't invest a dime but later on the whole thing fell apart and he had to hire an attorney. Do you think, the church had him step down as bishop?

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: April 27, 2017 01:55PM

This man can cry on cue.

When he weasels his way out of this one, he will move on to his next scam. I have a couple of relatives like that. One left the country, but is now trying to work a scam on Mormons in Europe.

He will play on everyone's sympathy. Sociopaths are good at that.

I'm sure he will always be considered "a member in good standing." After the manner of Joseph Smith, the church "forgives" this type of crime. The cult also "forgives" a man committing assault and attempted murder on their wife.

The only "unforgivable" crime is speaking out against the cult.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.