Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 09:41PM

All my cats contracted an upper respiratory this week. All three went to the vet and received appropriate care, but I'm a bit concerned about Henry. He never had a very loud meow despite being a large cat, but now his meow is barely a whisper. He's fine otherwise and the vet is going to check on him tomorrow.

Did you ever have a cat that experienced this and did their meow come back? How long did it take? I haven't found any sites that provide any relevant information that don't require speaking with a vet online and you have to pay a fee.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 10:24PM

Wow, I've never heard of that before. My cat's a talker, but the only time he goes silent is when I've been away from him for a few days or more. It's like he forgets how to talk!

There's a pretty good explanation on this page:

http://www.askavetquestion.com/answer_np.php?id=1429-cat-cant-meow

Scroll down to Dr. Marie's explanation, and x-out the pop-up chat window. But the gist of it is --

"My gut instinct from what you have written is that she may have a mild upper respiratory virus and if this is the case she should have her voice back and be feeling better in a few days."

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.