Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 05:37PM

It seems that i have to parse every single word that comes out of my mouth anymore so as not to somehow offend the TBMs in my life.

And/or they take innocuous comments way way way out of context as directed personally towards them.

Anybody else experiencing this???

I'm about reaching the point of limiting visits and conversations with Family TBMs and Extended Family TBMs to those few annual Holidays that we get together and let the chips fall where they may!!!

Anybody???

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 06:55PM

I'm sorry you're going through this! Yes, I identify. Anything that I say regarding anything ethical, moral, or religious is always wrong.

For example, I was talking with one of my adult kids about why I feel ALL drugs should be legalized, taxed, regulated and dispensaries made available for such drugs, needles, etc. (A Modified Portugal Model). I never got to the point that taxes could support treatment and educational services because
I was interrupted with--that's disgusted, so now you're in favor of drugs! The Libertarian's Boner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2017 06:56PM by BYU Boner.

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 07:07PM

Really difficult subject Boner my man. My experience is skewed I know but have you ever seen a newborn go thru nicotine withdrawal? That is a legalized drug- taxes, dispensaries, all the trappings of a victimless crime in our utopia. Not to mention
asthma, recurrent ear infections in children whose parents puff away.

Now throw in withdrawal from OxyContin, dilaudid or Valium. Or frankly from methadone- a drug to replace a drug. Plus the ones we can't predict withdrawal from-PCP, cocaine and meth. Wow, the tax dollars could just about cover the prolonged hospitalizations for the withdrawing newborns. Talk about a balanced budget...

Gatorman
There are always unintended consequences

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 07:39PM

Agreed my Bro! Here in Northern Utah there's a heroin epidemic. It's becoming real personal as Ive seen kids get caught up in this, Molly, weed, etc. I like to discuss this with thinking, caring adults--like you.

I'll throw on some jorts and come to your neck of the woods! Hell, I'll throw n the jorts anyways!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.