Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 06:01PM

Hi Mike,
Thank you for your interest in chatting with a member of the Church. What would you like to talk about?
Now chatting with: Mikell and Missy

Mikell 2:43 PM
Hi Mike! This is Mikell and Missy! How can we help you?

Mike 2:43 PM
Hi. I was reading that Joseph Smith had 34 wives, 11 of whom were married to other men and another 11 of whom were teenagers. Is that taught by the missionaries?

Mikell 2:45 PM
Great question Mike! We would love to answer. Missionaries do not teach polygamy.(:

Mikell 2:46 PM
There was a time when there were more women in the church and wanted salvation (return to God). Joseph Smith was commanded by God to be sealed (not married) to those woman for their salvation. But we do not practice polygamy anymore. There was simply a time when God had commanded us to do something that we didn't understand. There are a lot of things God commands us to do but we don't know the reason. But it has blessed many families today because of that commandment.

Mike 2:50 PM
That seems like pretty important information to leave out of the story. Isn't that lying by ommission to leave out that information that would pretty much make or break a convert's decision to join an organization started by a guy who 'married' other men's wives?
When there's no way on earth to 'marry' a woman when she's already married to another man?
That's like selling a car with an engine you know has a crack in the block, but you just fill it full of oil and tell the guy buying it that it was only ever driven to church on Sundays and runs great!

Mikell 2:54 PM
That's not lying at all. I gave you a straight forward answer when you asked. If someone does ask about it we would obviously tell them what happened. And a converts decision would not be affected by that at all if they had a testimony and knew the Book of Mormon was true. I don't know why Joseph did that and I don't know why God commanded him to do so. BUT I do know that the Book of Mormon was true and was translated by Joseph Smith through the power of God. I asked God myself if the Book was true and I did receive an answer. Therefore, I know that Joseph Smith is a Prophet and he really did see God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. Are you investigating the church?

Mike 2:55 PM
Where did God command Joseph to marry another man's wife?
I can find plenty of places where God condemn's that as adultery and an abomination before him, including in MOrmon scriptures and the Law, every law ever written on the subject.

Mike 2:56 PM
Starting with the law of the Priesthood, D&C 132:61, which clearly condemns marrying another man's wife in 5 different ways, as adultery.

Mikell 2:56 PM
Have you read the Book of Mormon?

Mike 2:57 PM
Yes I've read the BoM. Have you read the Law of the Priesthood?
It condemns both JS and BY as adulterers and NOWHERE does God command anybody to marry another man's wife.
He condemns it everywhere, throughout scriptures as adultery, including Mormon scriptures.
Mike 2:58 PM
So why lie?

Mikell 2:58 PM
I am a representative of Jesus Christ and I know that God loves you very much. My purpose is not to argue but to bring people closer to Christ. I can see that you are not ready to do so because I can't feel the spirit right now. I am going to have to end the chat. You can come back on when you are ready to let the spirit testify truth to you. I am sorry.

Mike 2:58 PM
YOu claimed God commanded Joseph to marry his followers wives. I just asked you where?

The chat session has ended.

Lying sacks of shit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 06:06PM

Eighteen year old kid can't feel the spirit and it's all your fault. What arrogance.

Date: April 22, 2017 06:26PM

"And a converts decision would not be affected by that at all if they had a testimony and knew the Book of Mormon was true. I don't know why Joseph did that and I don't know why God commanded him to do so. BUT I do know that the Book of Mormon was true and was translated by Joseph Smith through the power of God. I asked God myself if the Book was true and I did receive an answer. Therefore, I know that Joseph Smith is a Prophet and he really did see God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ."

So start with the conclusion, that the BoM is true, then you can dismiss even the most evil act as 'righteous' if it was committed by somebody you believe was a "Prophet", even though the BoM clearly condemn's committing adultery with other men's wives, as "an abomination before God" not to mention the 10 Commandments and the Law of the Priesthood, along with EVERY other law ever written in all of Western Civilization.
Oh and common human decency.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 06:33PM

"If someone does ask about [JS marrying other men's wives] we would obviously tell them what happened."

Unlikely. I doubt most missionaries have even heard of that; you can't educate someone else on a subject you've never learned about yourself.

Date: April 22, 2017 06:45PM

That's like saying,

"If somebody asked about the huge crack in the foundation of the house I was trying to sell them, I'd tell them what happened, but if they don't ask, why just volunteer that information?"

Uh because not disclosing that fatal flaw in the foundation of the structure is considered fraud.

Also, ignorance is no excuse, 20 years after Google came into existence. Saying, "I didn't know." is bullshit when your very own church has published the information themselves.

I was a missionary too, prior to google and all these books that have been published about the real life of Joseph Smith.
But if anybody, one GD person, EVER, had been honest with me in the whole 40 years I was a Mormon and told me JS and BY married other men's wives, completely violating every law ever written governing marriage in Western Civilization, including the Law of the Priesthood, which JS claimed to have recieved from God himself, I would have verified that what they were saying was true, then I would have never darkened the doorway of a Doomsday Sex CULT of Joseph's Myth again.
Ever.
These days, 20yrs into the Google Age, defending Joseph's Myth takes not just denial, not just willful ignorance, but lying. In order to defend somebody who fucked other men's wives and teenage daughters, completely violating the law, reason, common human decency, is to do what the fundamentalists do to defend Warren Jeffs.
Well, he's a Prophet of God. Whatever he did was between him and God.
Yeah, but he fucked kids and other men's wives, lots of them!?!?!?!
We don't know why God told him to fuck kids and other men's wives, we just know the Book of Mormon is true, and he's a Prophet, so since God hasn't struck him dead, then whatever he did was between him and God. He's like Abraham of old, who also fucked kids. King David Fucked other guy's wives and then had them killed so he could keep fucking them. Lots of people did back then. They still do. Look around. Kids are getting fucked everywhere around here. It's normal. And God hasn't destroyed us yet, so check us out!!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2017 07:25PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 07:02PM

Hard to tell if they thought you were a troll or an investigator who jumped in with both feet and read the BoM and D&C.

But they pulled the red handle and bailed out with testimony, BS..................................

Date: April 22, 2017 07:46PM

I'm not a troll.
Just somebody who actually believes in the truth.
Just somebody who actually believes in morals.
I'm somebody who believes in right and wrong.
I'm somebody who cares about all the victims of this abusive GD Cult that's more attractive to pedophiles, than the Catholic Church.
I'm not even talking about all of his wives, like Zina Huntington Jacobs. I'm talking about her only REAL Husband, Henry, who was forced to witness the love of his life 'marry' the man he believed was God. The man who's praises he sang to his dying day. Then once Joseph Smith was killed for destroying the local printing press of the one man in Nauvoo with enough courage to publish his deviant sex life and fraud, Henry at least got his wife back to himself. Then to have Brigham Young humiliate poor Henry, again, by taking his wife and sending him off on a Mission to England, his 8th GD Mission, and for them to tell me that "There were more women then men" is why Henry got cuckolded by Joseph's Myth, as if that makes it ok?

That's some deviant thinking right there.

Any wonder so many kids still, to this day get raped by Mormon Penis Holders?

Any wonder so many women at Brig'em Young get raped and their Penis Holding rapists get off scott free and the victims get blamed and expelled from school, when they sing praises to a man who treated his followers like he was a Cuckold Bull and his job was to humiliate his followers in the most obvious way, by taking not only their teenage daughters and having his way wiht them, but also their wives.

That's wrong.

The inability of Mormons to distinguish between right and wrong in this case, is the biggest problem with being Mormon today, IMO. That and it forces you to lie like a rug when it comes to defending Joseph Smith's hypocritical behavior, which clearly violated the very law he claimed he got straight from God. So either,

A. Joseph Smith really was a Prophet and that would mean the Law of the Priesthood was was in effect when he violated it.

Which would mean God was a liar. or

B. Joseph Smith really wasn't a Prophet, he was just a Con Man and a rapist, who was like the best used car salesman ever. He was able to tell people all these great stories and sell them a pile of shit he spray painted Gold.

I don't really see any other option here.
Do you?

Posted by: DumbLawyer ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 08:10PM

Koriwhore:

How do you really free?

Posted by: Oregon ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 08:54PM

Next time quote this right from the church website:

Lying is intentionally deceiving others. Bearing false witness is one form of lying. The Lord gave this commandment to the children of Israel: “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour” (Exodus 20:16). Jesus also taught this when He was on earth (see Matthew 19:18). There are many other forms of lying. When we speak untruths, we are guilty of lying. We can also intentionally deceive others by a gesture or a look, by silence, or by telling only part of the truth. Whenever we lead people in any way to believe something that is not true, we are not being honest.

Posted by: oregon ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 08:56PM

silence, or by telling only part of the truth

That is EXACTLY what those missionarys did. Bottom line.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 10:08PM

I was never a missionary, but I do remember a very specific time when I lied about the church. I had just gone through the Temple and a friend asked me, sincerely, if it were true that I promised to slash out my throat. I felt caught between the truth and the promised never to reveal that portion of the temple ceremony. I lied, I told her she got misinformation.

Now I realize how fucked up I was by fear.

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 10:15PM

You know, like all of my DH's grgr grandparents were polygamous...had lots of kids. Why do they try to make the point that JS was only sealed to these women when they KNOW other men had multiple wives and had kids with them.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 10:43PM

Full disclosure serves only one purpose. It prevents cheating. Those who don't use it willingly and cheerfully are deceitful. Last I checked, that's not a good thing to be.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 10:57PM

They lied in a flip flop when they said: "There was a time when there were more women in the church and wanted salvation (return to God)*. Joseph Smith was commanded by God to be sealed (not married) to those woman for their salvation. But we do not practice polygamy anymore."

They say "It's no big deal--he was only "sealed" to these women" and then they say "We dn't practice polygamy any more."

So is it no big deal, or is it important enough to say "We don't do it any more" as if it *is* something to be ashamed of.

*That's a lie anyway: if they were sealed to their faithful LDS husbands (OK, OK, some of those guys were also sealed to JS) why would wouldn't they already have salvation??

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 11:12PM

Polygamy is always going to haunt the Morg. Not because of historic practices, but because Mormons still practice Celestial Polygamy with males being able to be sealed to more than be wife. The notion that Mormons don't practice polygamy is pure bullshit in the form of a half truth.

Many TBM women, whose first husbands have died, are concerned that they are not sealed to their second husbands. Children from the mother and second husband are sealed to the first husband if she was sealed to her first husband.

Sure, all of this is going to be figured out in the afterlife. That's great until one starts questioning the doctrine. Then the whole temple sealing but collapses to on itself.

Here's to CnB! A fellow wanker with amazing posts!

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 12:13PM

So I recall reading somewhere (here?) that there was documentation that Joseph Smith actually consummated those marriages as part of the proceedings during split of the church after his death. Don't recall the source of that. Anyone?

Posted by: Anon 4 this post ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 12:49PM

When I was a missionary, people who acted like Koriwhore solidified my testimony and made me think I was doing the right thing and the opposition was proof of that.

Your method is weak and counterproductive

Date: April 23, 2017 02:24PM

So you were as impervious to reason then as you are now?
I wouldnt brag about being an unethical dumbass who couldn't answer a serious question honestly to save his life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2017 02:26PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 03:21PM

Ask ANY missionary if the prohibition / African males -priesthood was a Commandment/Revelation from God or not (policy, mis-understanding, etc)

Posted by: Convert ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 04:11PM

As a convert, I can tell you that it sure as h*ll would have made a difference to know this!

Posted by: ConvertHere ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 04:16PM

I was a convert. It sure as h*ll would have made a difference to know this.

Posted by: Repeat ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 04:18PM

Sorry. Thought the first one wouldn't go through.

Posted by: honest one ( )
Date: April 24, 2017 12:48AM

Sickening to read that. Blames it on the inquirer.....can't answer simple question.

Date: April 24, 2017 02:04AM

Its is nearly impossuble to answer that queztion honestly as a Reprezentative of LDS Inc.
Show me an honest Mormon who is able to answer to JS and BYs adultery with his followrrs wives and I will give you $100.
They dont exist.
Mormonism makes otherwise good people into lying sacks of shit.
That and they blame God fof Joseph not keeping his dick in his pants.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2017 02:09AM by koriwhore.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 25, 2017 01:47AM

Ask them to see the LDS posters used @ open houses...

Yes, 'little lies' count too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2017 01:48AM by GNPE.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.