Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 03:20PM

If you are going to to start a thread regarding something in a former thread, please give a link or at least a clue as to what you are talking about. It avoids confusion and allows those of us who dont know to participate or, at least, form an opinion if we wish. Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2017 03:21PM by bona dea.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 07:53PM

Is this in regards to another thread that you didn't reference? ;)

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 08:07PM

LOL, touché.

I've made this request myself in the past. It used to be difficult to post links to previous RFM threads, but for the better part of a decade now, it is nothing more than a simple copy and paste of the previous thread URL.

Nightingale is the gold standard of referencing a previous thread she is commenting on. She always does so, clearly and accurately. Steve Benson comes in a close second.

Besides eliminating confusion for people who missed the original thread, it helps keep responders more honest/accurate. I've seen off-thread responses that are along the lines of "people should not be allowed to say xxxxxxxxxxxx", when in fact in the original thread, nobody actually said that. The technical term is "strawman argument". Referencing the original thread will help prevent abuse of perfectly innocent straw.

Date: April 22, 2017 07:57PM

No, Cheryl' s thread about not dogpiling on posters. As a busybody, I am curious about what happened. This happens frequently and it is confusing for those not in the know. If you are going to start a thread about something which happened on another thread, clue us in.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 08:03PM

Hahahahahah! So nosy! It's okay I am nosy, too, and like to be abreast of the going-ons here.

It's this one:
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1967749

Quite the kerfluffle it has caused.

Date: April 22, 2017 08:11PM

Thank you. Except for Poostone, it seems to have been much ado about nothing. I dont blame CZ for stepping in in that case. Now back to the original point. FOR THE SAKE OF US BUSYBODIES, LINK THE THREAD YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.LOL.Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2017 08:27PM by bona dea.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.