Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 02:35PM

I was called names on this board for years and it didn't convince me to change my heart or my actions.

I think talking reasonably to people might make them want to improve but not always, especially if they're convinced they're right (as with TBMs.)

I taught school for many years and found that trying to change behavior worked if there were consequences. We have few punishments in our pockets to mete out here on RfM. We can ignore or not reward bad behavior, but we can't withdraw benefits or dish out punishments. Admin can do that to some extent, but average posters can't.

I think if someone makes a mistake in grammar or political correctness, it's often best to ignore it or try to use reason. It sometimes helps to assume the best and tell the poster you know they have good intentions and will do better.

I know what has never worked with me is piling on. If one person starts name-calling, then others increase the insults to higher and higher degrees I doubt that most posters would feel more and more enlightened or inspired.

I disagree with admin using insults and encouraging others to follow suit. It might be best to delete offensive posts and be done with it. Then talk to the poor sap in private and determine if they can reform or should be banned. I hate to see a recovery site turn into a mud slinging dog fight as in the old days a decade or so ago. That doesn't usually happen here now and I'm glad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 02:42PM

No, it never has nor never will. Civil disagreement shows signs of maturity. Name calling is bullying.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 02:43PM

Over the past few years, I have noticed YOU being quite unkind to a few people, judging them harshly, even mocking them mercilessly. And in a few cases, you did so in a separate thread, so the "poor sap" didn't even notice you were talking behind their backs.

We all have to be careful sometimes. We all sometimes say things we later regret.

Date: April 22, 2017 02:58PM

Especially since I have no idea what you're referencing.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 03:21PM

It is important to differentiate between two phenomena.

There are those who are good people who make a mistake or don't know the latest form of public manners, in part because what is acceptable changes. Catnip is a good example of that. I don't think anyone believes she is a prejudiced or unfair person. She is a great person, empathetic and supportive.

On the other hand, there are the racists and the bigots. They show up here from time to time. The people who use terms like "inner city" or "culture" to make statements that are essentially racist; the people who say that police violence is acceptable or even praiseworthy; the people who say that certain ethnicities are scammers or terrorists. These are a different kettle of fish.

Does criticism of such people change them? Probably not, as you note, at least in many cases. But that, emphatically, does not mean that we should ignore or mollify them. People on this board are hurt by racist and sexist rhetoric, people who belong to the maligned ethnicities or who love people in those ethnicities. I think that such members of our community deserve the courtesy of others standing up and saying "no, I will not tolerate your condemnation of that race."

In addition, we have new people come here all the time. People who may be Mormons or ex-Mormons of minority ethnicity or religion or culture. If they see the occasional racist rant stand unchallenged, they will not feel comfortable contributing to our community. We suffer a loss when those people choose not to participate.

So you are wrong. It is not "okay" when people post bilious racism or sexism or authoritarianism on this board without comment. It is appropriate, even beneficial, to point out when someone is hurting others on the basis of those others' innate characteristics. Public malice, intentional or not, should be criticized publicly.

Date: April 22, 2017 03:41PM

I think it's a good idea to respond but not with stronger bilious comments than the offensive ones we all find so distasteful.

We can try for a bit of reasonableness and report these ugly comments to admin for deletion.

I think ugly dog-fighting discourages posting for than any other factor.

For years I exchanged email notes with an eighty year old exmo lady who was afraid to post because she was afraid of saying something in a way that would offend. She had left mormonism because she couldn't stand the constant judging and carping and she was terrified of having the same happen to her here.

Objecting strongly to a message might be understandable, but not blatant ugly name calling which only soothes the rage of the poster and doesn't help anyone who reads it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2017 03:44PM by Cheryl.

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 05:00PM

Cheryl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it's a good idea to respond but not with
> stronger bilious comments than the offensive ones
> we all find so distasteful.

You don't speak for me.

> For years I exchanged email notes with an eighty
> year old exmo lady who was afraid to post because
> she was afraid of saying something in a way that
> would offend. She had left mormonism because she
> couldn't stand the constant judging and carping
> and she was terrified of having the same happen to
> her here.

Oh boo hoo! Does she drive? Because another driver may honk at her! She may get a critical review at work! Her kids may hate her cooking! Etc!

You don't know that part of 'exmo lady's' recovery could be to get strong and lessen her tendency to take what people say to heart. Growing up and maturing means one is LESS vulnerable to the next cult coming around. Immune to 'love bombing' and dominate personality types who like to control others.

Plus, can't imagine you represented RfM accurately. Just look at how you describe the board here and in your other threads. No wonder she thought it was a shark fest.

It's ridiculous to think 'we' should stop saying this or that here to create a welcoming environment for hypothetical posters. If you want to start your own recovery board, go for it, of course.

Posted by: unlisted (nli) ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 05:11PM

That has to be one of the most unkind and insensitive posts I have read in a very long time. Did I say crass?

RfM advertises itself as being a "compassionate" board for recovery. If you don't believe me, check at the top of the board for your proof.

Who has it half-assed backwards?

Cheryl is someone with a heart for caring. If you don't like it, you go elsewhere.

I'm sure you'll do fine on your own island.

Date: April 22, 2017 05:24PM

unlisted (nli) Wrote:
> When you were told to go elsewhere by Itzpoipalotl

> If you don't like it, you go elsewhere.

Hmm...any other ideas you have from Itzpoipalotl?

And you need to re-think your bias against dogs. Just hateful.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 05:30PM

In the thread, it was stated that Cheryl feels ashamed to be associated with this site because people choose not to be complicit when it comes to explaining racial and ethnic slurs.

Why would anyone one want to stick with a site that makes them feel ashamed? I'm not ashamed of this site, I think it's pretty great that there are posters here willing to speak out against bigotry, especially when it's continuing problem with a poster.

I'm not going to be silent or gentle to protect the fragile feelings of bigots and their tears. If a poster has made a genuine mistake out of not knowing, the approach is different because that's more appropriate. This is not advanced sociology and race/ethnic relations here.

And if you call me out with asinine remarks that mischaracterize me or what I write, I will respond fiercely and in a fairly snide manner. I do not mince words if you attempt to paint me as something I am not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2017 05:33PM by Itzpapalotl.

Posted by: yetagain ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 05:40PM

I find the site hilarious with all the hypocrisy. It's like a cult in itself.

Date: April 22, 2017 05:45PM

So why are you still hanging around, pointing out the faults of the site and other posters? Isn't there another site that would suit you better? Do you really think you're going to change this site and the posters or are you just wallowing in your own hypocrisy by making snide comments?

Posted by: yetagain... ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 06:12PM

not at all - I'm a hypocrite like everyone else....

I just call it the way I see it - I'm sorry that you take offense....

I've been bullied all my life - and it's only recently that I've started calling bullies out....

It's interesting to see how they respond.....

Date: April 22, 2017 06:25PM

I don't take offense. I think it's hilarious.

I've been bullied my whole life too, and stood up for myself with varying results. When other people malign a whole group of people, make bigoted remarks, or are just plain willfully ignorant, they will likely get a response. If reason worked with a poster, that would be the first method of responding, but reason and facts don't always matter to some people and they continue to blather on with their bigoted views. That's not something that should be ignored or minimized.

If you think I'm a bully, that's your right to believe that, even if it's untrue. Don't you think it's bullying behaviour to mischaracterize what is plain as day to read?

I will say this out the generous disclosure: I am not a nice person and I will not pretend to be for the comfort of bigots and other jerks, but I am a kind person that is pretty empathetic. Nice ain't the same as kind, though, as the commercial goes.

Date: April 22, 2017 05:46PM

Itzpapalotl Wrote:

> Why would anyone one want to stick with a site
> that makes them feel ashamed?

Gotta blame someone! Heads will roll, 'punishments' will be 'meted'...

The alternative is personal responsibility. And that ain't happenin'.

Date: April 22, 2017 05:31PM

Double posted

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2017 05:50PM by carameldreams.

carameldreams Wrote:
> unlisted (nli) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
>
> > Who has it half-assed backwards?
> >
> > Cheryl is someone with a heart for caring. If
> you
> > don't like it, you go elsewhere.
> >
> > I'm sure you'll do fine on your own island.

Oh darn. I was going to 'do better' but then you insulted me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2017 05:47PM by carameldreams.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 06:24PM

Cheryl never claimed to speak for you. She was sharing her opinion.

As for the 80-year-old exmo lady, I get it. What seems normal to us on the board can be intimidating for a new exmo, especially one who has been in the church for multiple decades. Even I lurked for six months before I started posting, and usually I'm one to dive right in.

Date: April 22, 2017 06:44PM

summer Wrote:
> Cheryl never claimed to speak for you. She was
> sharing her opinion.

Per Cheryl:

> we all find so distasteful.

I am not 'we all'. She does not speak for me. She has no clue what I think/feel about posts and certainly cannot claim I find such posts 'distasteful.'

Posted by: ren ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 04:01PM

Calling people out can be well-deserved, but yes, nearly always it's much more effective to take other approaches. Criticism just makes people defensive and doesn't allow for any constructive discussion. Case in point: while I was at BYU I had a huge issue with some extremely homophobic comments from my professor, so in my response to that day's lecture I explained why his statements were hurtful while very carefully wording it to make it clear that I wasn't faulting him for anything (although in my head I certainly was). The next day he came up to me and apologized. There weren't any hurt feelings (although I still didn't like him in the slightest), and for the rest of the semester he made an effort to speak differently.
Especially in a public forum with generally well-meaning people, disagreements should be handled respectfully.

Date: April 22, 2017 05:54PM

Date: April 22, 2017 04:24PM

But the poster in question has been reasoned with in the past and still chooses to post despicable, vile bigotry here without any consequence except from fellow posters. It's cowardly to let it slide and let a poster think that kind of behaviour is ok. if you refuse be reasoned with, hard criticism is what you will get. If you want to be that jerk that picks on other ethnicities because of the way they speak and use the language, you better damn well be proficient in the language.

People make mistakes all the time and they don't always know what they said wasn't ok, so you can gently explain and give them the benefit of the doubt. It's what they do after is what matters.

When you've spent a good portion of your life immersed in a society that tells you you're less because of your ethnicity, gender identification, sexual orientation, or other marginalized identities, you get fed up with people who constantly spew their hateful bigotry without consequence. I've worked in multiple fields where I have to deal with some of the most hateful aspects of humanity- I've been threatened, harassed, sexually assaulted, and discriminated against because of my gender ethnicity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, etc...And I'm not going to be silent because it makes other people feel more comfortable. Being silent is complicit when it comes to bigotry.

Most people change their minds when they choose to or an issue personally affects them. It's others' choice to improve and it's my choice to voice my opinion on these issues. I don't pretend to be a nice person trying to protect the fragile feelings of bigots.

I don't appreciate people who try to misinterpret my statements as something else because they choose to cherry pick the points they think mean something that they don't.

Date: April 22, 2017 04:38PM

What is the point of this thread? You start a thread nearly every week telling us what we should/should not do.

Like we all didn't get enough of that in TSCC?

Can you leave 'poor sap(s)' to the Admins? Can you stop the General Lecture threads? Fine, you were an educator. Past tense.

And what's wrong, in your world view, with 'soothes the rage of the poster'?

BYU Boner will from time to time, sign posts as 'Dallin's Boner' or whatever. Name calling and crude at that. Or we have, 'TSCC', 'Profit', 'Morgue', 'MOmORN', 'Morridor', etc.

Some usernames criticize and mock LDS, including specific GAs and Prophets. Some usernames have profanity ('sunbitch', 'badassadam').

I'm confident adults can handle all the 'mud-slinging' at LDS and judge, mock, name call away without one's sensibilities offended at every turn.

Btw, The judgments, mockery, name calling and criticisms associated with Jesus are some of the best in human history, imo. If one wants to learn how to roast someone, no better example.

Date: April 22, 2017 05:56PM

Anyone who doesn't like what I say is welcome to complain. Turn me in to administration and have me removed for undue offensiveness. LOL

Date: April 22, 2017 06:12PM

Cheryl Wrote:
> Anyone who doesn't like what I say is welcome to
> complain.

That's the point, Cheryl: we're not like you. Not here to lecture others on communication, recommend punishments and tattle to the admins.

Date: April 22, 2017 10:16PM

Posted by: unlisted ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 05:05PM

Well said old friend.

The people who gang up on a single Rfm'r are reminiscent of a pack of dogs mentality.

One dog doesn't do much damage by themselves.

As a gang of dogs turned loose in the neighborhood, they unleash vitriol and carnage in their wake.

They are worse than the original poster was they sought to "call out." It's also cowardly behavior.

Had the racist remark been dealt with privately as you suggested, rather than publicly to shame the poster, the pack of ill behaved dogs would not have felt compelled to jump in while engaging in some of the worst putdowns paling anything poopstone shared in comparison.

They call it doing their duty? It's really more an example of how hateful and bigoted they are themselves. When you were told to go elsewhere by Itzpoipalotl for your saying something constructive, that demonstrates how insulting her speech was toward you for your having taken a different and more positive approach.

Hate speech is not limited to racism, sexual orientation, or other human right. It's whatever is hateful when it's spoken as personal, vicious attacks and mischaracterizations against another.

One thing is for certain: Catnip is not a racist. Yet how many people called her one on her own thread? If the first really racist remark had been to simply delete it, ie, the others may not have felt compelled to gang up on anybody else.

Date: April 22, 2017 05:12PM

Yeah, ok. Defending my position is cowardly when someone decides to call me out. Sure. Try going back and rereading the thread where I gave the OP the benefit of the doubt. There seems to be a lack of reading comprehension on the site the past couple of days and whole lot of cherry picking.

If you want to criticize me for something inane, inaccurate, or just plain ridiculous, don't be surprised when I don't back down from your mischaracterization of what I posted. Constructive my ass.

I really don't give a flying fuck if you think *I'm* the bigot or hateful or whatever asinine label you think you can pin on me, but I will respond. I know who I am and what I believe and bigoted is pretty fucking far from it. Intolerance of bigotry does not equal intolerance.

Date: April 22, 2017 05:58PM

Date: April 22, 2017 06:09PM

If it's been modified, then I missed the posts that were.

BTW, I wasn't insulting anyone's grammar. I was making a point about how the loudest bigots who scream about other people's English as a second language skills have a tenuous grasp on the language themselves. I think it's a bit disappointing that you didn't pick up on what I actually wrote. And yes, I watched this happen with my own two eyes working in various tourist towns that sold tacky shirts with stupid sayings.

You most likely have not experienced what I have as a multi-ethnic person with a very ethnic name with other marginalized identities, so maybe you can't understand or relate to it, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but that doesn't mean I will back down when you call me out.

Posted by: might log in tomorrow ( )

NO ONE called Catnip racist on her own thread. Those remarks were all directed at Poopstone, who has been posting vile remarks for YEARS:

racist/xenophobic
sexist/misogynistic
homophobic
anti-Semitic
anti-Catholic
anti-science
anti-education

But on the credit side, he's a huge Bigfoot booster! Oh, and he seems to have an affinity for the Confederacy.

He's gotten in trouble with Admin before. You can't reason with him privately or otherwise – none of it ever registers, and he apparently flat out doesn't care. He deserved what he got, and I will *not* apologize for calling him out.

Once again, NO ONE called Catnip a racist. Why is this so hard to understand?

Date: April 22, 2017 06:00PM

As well as being accusatory about age.

Date: April 22, 2017 06:11PM

Cheryl Wrote:
> As well as being accusatory about age.

Where was this? After Amyjo said, 'What a lameass remark'?

Or are you referring to:

> A lot of older (and I don't know how old OP is)

It was offered in 'benefit of the doubt' that perhaps the INNOCENT remark came from a generational gap. She was extending CARING to catnip. Giving her an 'out', if possible.

Now you're trolling your OP?

Date: April 22, 2017 06:15PM

Here comes the mischaracterization of what I actually posted again.

I made a statement based out my sociological studies and personal experiences. No where did I insult the OP regarding her age.

Even my own older profs that teach various classes have made less than sensitive remarks based on ethnicities.

Why do you think it's ok to mischaracterize what I actually wrote, Cheryl? You think I don't notice or will cower from it?

Date: April 22, 2017 06:18PM

Itzpapalotl Wrote:
> Why do you think it's ok to mischaracterize what I
> actually wrote, Cheryl? You think I don't notice
> or will cower from it?

And unlisted called Cheryl, 'old' so she better get on that.

Punishments!

Date: April 22, 2017 06:19PM

Then there's no need to be defensive.

Date: April 22, 2017 06:26PM

Cheryl Wrote:
> Then there's no need to be defensive.

Who was 'accusatory' about catnip's 'age'?

unlisted says you're 'old'.

ltzpapalotl generously, graciously offered that perhaps catnip had an unintended cultural offending term as part of her vocabulary due to a retrograde lexicon.

Who accused?

Posted by: unlisted (nli) ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 06:39PM

Wrong again, as per your usual, carmeldreams.

Calling Cheryl my old friend is no slur on age. What grade did you finish last? 2nd?

Definition of old friend. : a person who has been one's friend for a long time. Merriam Webster.

Date: April 22, 2017 06:48PM

unlisted (nli) Wrote:
> Wrong again, as per your usual, carmeldreams.
>
> Calling Cheryl my old friend is no slur on age.
> What grade did you finish last? 2nd?
>
> Definition of old friend. : a person who has been
> one's friend for a long time. Merriam Webster.

There's no friend like an insulting friend. Who could ask for anything more?

Date: April 22, 2017 07:17PM

unlisted (nli) Wrote:

> Calling Cheryl my old friend is no slur on age.

And there was no slur on age by someone in the now closed thread. But Cheryl, your old friend, maintains there were accusatory comments regarding catnip's age.

Unreasonable, unsubstantiated but not unsurprising.

Date: April 23, 2017 08:23AM

His buddy stayed overnight and he introduced him to me.

I appreciate new friends but value those who stick around. I'm sure most of us understand "old" friend is another way of saying "dear" or "long lasting" friend.

Many thanks my old friend!

Date: April 22, 2017 06:28PM

Defensive? Naw. But I will stand up for myself if you choose to paint my words as something they are not, especially when you post a whole thread aimed at people you perceive as being demeaning or whatever you want to paint them as. People need to know that it's okay to defend yourself, even if you're not in a rage (try disgust) or defensive or whatever emotion you want to project onto them.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 06:31PM

I diligently report name-calling. It's against the board rules. I also report anything else that IMO violates, or may violate board rules. If I find the posts of a particular board member to be offensive, I try to ignore their posts. But I think most people here stay within reasonable bounds (most of the time, anyway.)

I first started reading and posting on this board about a decade ago. I remember some pretty wild board fights back in the day! The board has, in my opinion, calmed down quite a bit. Yes, there is the occasional problem, or problem poster, but normally things are civil here.

Hopefully we can all strive to keep it that way.

There does seem to be an uptick in people posting from outside of North America, and that's a good thing. Word is getting out. Hopefully we can all be sensitive to various differences.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2017 06:33PM by summer.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 06:34PM

You guys just watch that you don't say anything mean enough to make her turn the water hose on you.

Date: April 22, 2017 06:37PM

^^^^

Excellent advice.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 06:44PM

Shummy, you always know just the right thing to say, and the right time to say it.

Bless your heart. :)

And only someone who loves and appreciates Cheryl will get that.

;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2017 06:46PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 06:45PM

It's probably true that insulting people doesn't inspire them to do better. It may even be true that talking reasonably to people doesn't inspire them to do better.

But if someone is already inspired to do better, they might be able to use either insults or reasonable statements as useful input to improve.

So, if someone can avoid a purely defensive response to an insult and take a look at whether there is a basis for the insult, the person might be able to do better.

p.s. I only became aware of carmeldreams in the past month, and I'm smitten with him/her. I look forward to him/her raking me over the coals - if given a chance - because he/she's good and I think I'd enjoy it. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2017 06:59PM by thingsithink.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 06:48PM

This thread seems to be about the catnip thread. As soon as some context was applied to the original poster and her remarks, I didn't find her racist. Some people were offended, and they are entitled to be offended. It is often inexplicable how people are offended and why, but the caveat is that it's not our problem if we haven't done anything wrong. Sometimes people are offended because of their own issues. This is how I see it.

Poopstone is another story. This poster does hit jobs. He goes into threads, makes racist and offensive remarks- remarks that would offend just about anyone- and then leaves the thread. People point out how racist and insensitive his remarks are,and call him out and invite him to reply and defend his position, and he never does. He is the definition of a coward. The fact that he does this, the whole hit-and-run posting, bothers me almost as much as the content of his posts. He holds all of these insanely ignorant and indefensible positions, but does not have the stones, apparently, to defend them. I can only conclude that he enjoys responses that are generated in response to his vitriol.

Despite all of this, I will continue to call him out each and every time. I think it's important, so I will do it. So much on the internet is not serious, and some things on this message board aren't serious sometimes, but in general, I think Rfm is serious, and I want to treat it seriously. That means if someone comes onto a thread and says something that is racist, homophobic, or sexist, that post should be responded to appropriately- meaning that their sexism and racism and homophobia should be pointed out and the poster should be told that posting such nonsense is not something that is tolerated here.

Poopstone has shown an unwillingness to rectify any of his Behaviour and a cowardice to even respond to the people he's offended. People have also alluded to allegations that I believe are true about him- such as responding to his own posts using a different screen name, and also him being an apologist for the church, although not an out-and-out apologist, just in some subtle ways. I know both of those things violate the Forum rules.

Poopstone should be banned from the forum.

Anyway, that's what I have to say about it. If people can't handle the way people act on the internet, then they shouldn't go on the internet. Message boards have guidelines for how to treat other posters, but the reality is that these guidelines are violated all the time, and when you don't see the person you're interacting with, don't know them in real life, and can react to their facial cues or expressions, you are going to end up saying whatever you want to them, without any consideration for their feelings or for how they might react to your words. This in general makes the internet very blunt, mean, and for some people, I guess, a frightening place to interact. You have to have a thick skin. Someone alluded earlier to an elderly poster not wanting to post on here because they were afraid that their post would be criticized. There are many a hard-nosed senior citizen posters on here who have demonstrated time and again that they couldn't give a shit what people think about what they have to say. It doesn't make them rude, it just makes them who they are. There are no considerations on the internet for treating people arbitrarily- no presidents, no Kings or Queens, just people who have things to say, and occasionally people who administer message boards like these or are paid to moderate and remove offensive content from places like BuzzFeed, or Facebook, or Twitter, Etc.

I'm glad it's like that here. Unless people give details about who they are, I don't know, and I like it that way. I don't want to have any subconscious prejudice or bias I might have against anyone influence what I might have to say to them. Frankly, in almost any given situation on RfM, I would rather not know if someone is young or old, black or white, male or female. The internet is the ultimate equalizer.

Postscript: obviously people know who you are (usually) if you're on something like Facebook or Twitter or some other kind of social media. I was mostly talking about forums like this, where people use pseudonyms Grand don't have to give details about their real name, age, etc.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2017 07:14PM by midwestanon.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 06:50PM

Thanks for the humor, shummy! Cheryl is good people, but hell on wheels with that water hose! Lol. Group hug (((((()))))

Posted by: NeverMoJohn ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 07:20PM

I have occasionally felt insulted on this board. Occasionally I will directly respond to it, but usually not. Sometimes, it is due to a misunderstanding of what I wrote. If the other poster is really nasty about it, I don't bother to explain to them what my point was. I figure, why bother?

If I have something to say, I usually post it as a straight comment down thread to stand on it's own without direct reference to whoever I found insulting.

Ultimately, I don't know any of the posters, and if they have said something that pissed me off, I usually don't really care any longer what they have to say.

Date: April 22, 2017 07:39PM

>Poopstone has shown an unwillingness to rectify any of his Behaviour.

You said rectify.

snicker

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 07:44PM

Heheheheheheh....

Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhhuh....

"number one, I order you to go take a number two..."

Date: April 22, 2017 07:47PM

Rectumify! Lol
That's what happens during a colonoscopy!

Date: April 22, 2017 08:09PM

Passing a poopstone.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 09:10PM

In our other life, poopstone was meant to be 'peepstone.'

Date: April 22, 2017 08:40PM

Pooping a passstone

Date: April 22, 2017 08:42PM

And here it is: annual Beavis and Butthead Marathon

Date: April 22, 2017 08:43PM

Tee hee!

Posted by: Q-b-gone ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 10:44PM

It seems to me that poopstone "gets away with it" because he uses very bigoted remarks against entire groups of people, third person.

He doesn't write "you" or "your," no, the coward writes "they," "them," or "their," and proceeds to preach the covert doctrine of LDS. Non-male, non-white, non-straight are all to blame for society's ills, and any personal problem that someone may post.

It amazes me that admins don't react to the preaching he does. I think his hit-and-run is a huge tell. Get in, get out, preach "the word."

Any of his posts could be listed here to demonstrate it, but why bother? I think it would be a difficult to argue against this description.

Can anyone find A SINGLE poopstone post that DOESN'T fit this description? A single thread where his "support" didn't involve bigotry toward -any group- whom would NEVER qualify as a potential Q?

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 02:16AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2017 02:23AM by steve benson.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.