Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: April 21, 2017 11:23PM

How many years does it take before a dead Mormon prophet gets thrown under the bus and is only considered as "speaking as a man" (Joseph smith excluded)?

I'm thinking 20 or 30 years. Benson and Hunter have probably been thrown under the bus at this point (even though they pretty much were vegetables by the time they were prophets). I think Hinckley is still solid at this time, though he may be slipping quickly into the fast lane at this point.

I know Monson is technically a corpse but still holds sway among the faithful, most assuredly still pooping faith promoting, heart warming plops of mind numbing, fuzzy, feel good, reassuring Mormon rub me out, feel goods, but is Oaks the new, legit, Mormon schoolmaster and sheep overlord? Whips and chains and all?

I still rub my furry, fuzzy, cute (but really ugly and overused, creepy) stuffed Tommy S. Bear but deep down know he's not REALLY real anymore (now that I'm grown up).

God (not really), I got drunk off this stupid fireball whiskey FAST.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.