Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eyestosee ( )
Date: April 19, 2017 05:21PM

Looking for others who are being relentlessly stalked and harnessed by leaving the church and speaking out of a life of complex networkings of Mormon powers within communities?

I left 8 years ago and was very verbal and it hasn't stopped and want it known how many are experiencing this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: April 19, 2017 06:22PM

It hasn't happened to me because I live in the "mission field".

There is a Steve Bloor on Mormon Stories who complained about some stalking where he lives in the U.K. It might be worth listening to his story on YouTube. I have heard of others being stalked, but I can't remember their names or places. But enough happens so that we know the Danites haven't disappeared completely!

When I can remember the other people/places, I will let you know.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: April 20, 2017 10:08AM

I got this e-mail yesterday from someone I don't know (I have removed his name and hometown):

=======
My name is [....] I've been targeted by the LDS church by speaking out and leaving. I'll be dead soon so look me up. Danites are real and evil. I live in [....].

Date: April 20, 2017 07:30PM

It might be a prank, but then maybe not. Steve Bloor got kind of nervous and called the police.

Date: April 20, 2017 07:40PM

When you think about it, the Church is getting pretty desperate about all the members they are losing. Who knows for sure what ends they might resort to?

Lee Baker has a radio show going in West Africa--as a result, many West African converts are leaving the Church. The Church can't seem to win any more, money or no money. But maybe that money could buy some sneaky people with terroristic streaks to dress up in costumes and...

Posted by: Unlisted ( )
Date: April 20, 2017 10:15PM

You don't really believe that do you, RPackham? Ie, Danites are real and he expects to be dead soon because they're out to get him?

That sounds like someone who is paranoid and delusional. Or he's living in a time warp circa 1840's.

The church isn't using henchmen to murder ex-Mormons, or we'd all be goners.

signed,
You don't know me

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: April 21, 2017 07:17PM

Unlisted Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You don't really believe that do you, RPackham?
> Ie, Danites are real and he expects to be dead
> soon because they're out to get him?
>
> That sounds like someone who is paranoid and
> delusional. Or he's living in a time warp circa
> 1840's.
>
> The church isn't using henchmen to murder
> ex-Mormons, or we'd all be goners.

There is no way for me to know whether to believe him or not. Whether I believe that his life is threatened is irrelevant - HE believes it. And yes, he may be delusional. That's no reason for me not to help him if I can.

I replied, saying that he must be very special, since I know personally hundreds of ex-Mormons who have been very vocal in criticizing the church (including me), and knew of none who had been killed or even threatened. HOWEVER,

I told him that there are loonies in the church who might just feel that God had "called" them to deal with critics. I urged him to contact law enforcement, and to keep a detailed log of all threats, messages, etc. and to provide an up-to-date copy to some trusted friend.

I didn't tell him this: about 20 years ago I had a long conversation with an exmormon who was now a Protestant minister, and who was very active in demonstrating at temple open houses and operating a ministry to Mormons. During the course of our conversation he told me that at one temple open house he was contacted by FBI agents who had received tips that he had been targeted for "elimination" by agents of the church. He didn't seem to be worried about it. He was a very normal person, and did not seem paranoid. He treated it almost as a funny story.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 21, 2017 05:39PM

If I tell a person or organization not to contact me, they need to comply.

I don't accept multiple contacts by marketers, pranksters, religion pushers or anyone else. No means just that, no.

It's hard for me to understand why many posters say they're not harassed because after telling the local ward to leave them alone, they are only contacted a few times a year by a phone call or two, one or two visits, and a few notices by email or snail mail. I consider that harassment and stalking if a church feels it can continue unwanted contact at such a level.

Posted by: applesauce ( )
Date: April 21, 2017 05:49PM

I got stalked a lot while I was inactive, before I had my name removed. A VERY LARGE contributing factor was that my parents spurred them on by reporting every time I moved, and kept bringing up my name whenever they were making home teacher and visiting teaching assignments.

Once I put my foot down, and I'm talking REALLY put my foot down (there were a lot of false promises to quit but they kept it up until I made some really nasty threats, pretty sad, huh), and I had my name removed, I have not been harassed since.

applesauce

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: April 21, 2017 09:44PM

Not when I left the cult because they would get a lawsuit. But I was stalked by two women when I was active, i.e., one woman on my mission and one on a singles ward. It was a real nightmare. The abuse is satanic.

Date: April 22, 2017 02:35AM

The Mormons in my area (about 25 miles away) don't even care that I exist. I am low income, and I have serious health problems. They don't want to show up and have me ask them for help! They love healthy, rich people.But like Richard Packham says, there are some real nutjobs out there. Somebody who forgot their meds could get a "revelation", and then who knows what might happen? Such a thing is rare. However, complaints have crossed my path from time to time of being harassed for not showing up at church or for saying something negative about it. Nobody was physically harmed that I heard of.

Many years ago when the church was active in my hometown, a couple of members complained that a fellow member was following them around. It unnerved them, but the guy wasn't violent in any way. He thought the spirit was telling him to check up on them--they hadn't been making it to meetings because of busy work schedules and health, but he thought he should help them somehow and try to motivate them.

I personally don't trust LDS leaders, but I realize they are more likely to use the legal system, not Danite hit men. But in a time when money streams and power are being threatened, who really knows for sure?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.