Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: M. Uzak ( )
Date: March 27, 2017 06:22AM

From time to time I am in need. I do not live on the street and I have food and I do what I can to make a living. I am not a rich person, simply explained I am broke but debt-free. So it is what is.. My bills are few because I would never choose to get new ones and I do not expect more bills to come. It is like a limbo right now in life - can not choose to go up on the socio-economic ladder of life but could go down but why would I?

There is no heyday ahead waiting for me and most of the dreams are already behind me.

I do accept it somehow but I wonder from time to time if I could make a change and live another way? I thought the Church would help me in life to get some questions answered. Well, that was what I thought..

But I stopped asking for help when I need it because it seems to me that society just push me away so I conserve what I got and that is not much.

Heyday, where are you know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNnQUWKrsG0

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: seamaiden ( )
Date: March 27, 2017 06:43AM

You are most of America right now, Its the system!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1zW2I3yrNM

Date: March 27, 2017 06:54AM

Funny video!

It is quite disturbing that both the Church and society outside it are putting so much energy into denying obvious things.

At the end of it all who is really tricking who?

"You NEED it but Go away!"

Posted by: seamaiden ( )
Date: March 27, 2017 11:15AM

He's really funny, I am going to see his stand up show in April, I can't wait!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 27, 2017 12:51PM

"It's almost like you could read my mind," said Dorothy to the traveling magician.

Then when she finally was able to return home to Kansas the good witch told her that the power had been hers all along to do that.

She just had to find it for herself.

I wonder about some of the same things you do.

Good post.

Date: March 27, 2017 01:26PM

Hi Amyjo

Had a talk with my mother today about the place we live in. Everywhere around here there are lots of "placards" (real and imaginary in the speech we use as a community) that promises so much but contain so little of value.

"Do this", "Good for you", "Love them", "Hate that", "do that", "join us", "we are the best in the world", "we can help you", "follow us" etc. etc.

For example, there are addicts and homeless people who are blamed for their own failures in life. Some may be true but some people also need a helping hand. I do not know them and do not really want to. But I know since about four years ago that I can hit rock-bottom to so I am not completely distant to understanding the problem.

"- They can get help if they want to" is a well-used meme around here. Heard it since I was a kid.

So, why do we still got all the broken homes and broken people around here? If everything is reduced into one choice to just simply ask for help? Why do not people just do it?

"Being in need of something that can only be had by not being in need"

The catch is that broken people can not ask for something because that "operation" instantly reveals their personal responsibility! As fast as "the bum" opens his mouth he is disqualified and reduced into his own fortune. "Shape yourself up!" "Change your life!" "We are not going to help you!"

So they end up on the street again living with "placards" around them still telling them to just make a simple "choice" again..

It is like being in a Church living a dull life without any form of blessing.

"Pray more!"

It does not contain anything, it does not change anything, but it is a placard hiding helplessness and it makes nothingness into a job for some people.

The only thing broken people have is a choice to please placard peddlers who sells nothing. Their currency is the skill to turn other people "personal responsibility" into a form of weapon that chases away the "customers" after paying.

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: March 27, 2017 02:09PM

seamaiden is right, it is the system and the system is largely rigged. America is under a slow and deliberate transformation which includes an economic decline of the middle class, increased numbers of poor and the concentrating of wealth in the hands of a few. These policies have been in affect for decades.

Competition for available jobs is likely continue to become more intense as technology, immigration and trade policies shape the markets.

There are a few fields flourishing right now. They are jobs requiring a level of technical skills and training. Some of these jobs are being filled by more qualified immigrants from india and other countries.

The transformation of America is not merely market forces at work but the cooridinated efforts of powerful multinational money interests and influences. These influences have contempt for nationalism and the vision of the founders.

You are not in this boat alone.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.