Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: - ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 12:46PM

This Christian god is really just a massive dick. All the talk of tolerance and love is just spin to cover a raging tyrannical violence.

Reminds me of every villian in history. Even Pablo Escobar gave money to the poor but at the end of the day if you didn't obey, he'd murder your entire family.

Jesus is no different. Simply for the sin of not believing a story written by morons he will punish you for *eternity* in a fire, separate families, and generally just spread unimaginable misery to almost every person who ever lived. Judt because he can.

That guy isn't loving. He's a monster masquerading as a savior.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 01:17PM

- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Jesus is no different. Simply for the sin of not
> believing a story written by morons he will punish
> you for *eternity* in a fire, separate families,
> and generally just spread unimaginable misery to
> almost every person who ever lived. Judt because
> he can.

I don't know that it's very clear who gets punished for what, when, if at all.

There's the sheep and goats division and one needs to decide which group one is in. Sheep seem to get a lot of passes. Goats get none from the get go.

One sheep can wander off and is rescued but no such promises to wayward goats, for example. Sheep get a lot of protection.

Goats seem to be in the camp with 'Jezebel', whom Jesus 'hates'.

Jesus was set above everyone because he humbled himself, taking the form of a servant, unto death, Bible says. So, we get the same elevation if we do that. Unto death.

Unless you're predestined to be a goat. Then you have no redemption options. Lago Fuego.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 01:42PM

Goats are awesome: they have a little bit of dog goofiness, a little bit of cat "I don't give a f***".

As for the "every knee shall bow..." type stuff; I could never quite get the going-to-Heaven-and-praising-God-for-Eternity stuff--have you ever been stuck in a car with the radio on a Christian rock station???

Date: March 25, 2017 05:02PM

But do they taste like chicken....?

Goat cheese is good :)

Posted by: dp ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 05:34PM

I myself think goat cheese tastes a little bit odd.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 10:42PM

Goat milk is sweet.

But don't milk them when they're in heat, it tastes terrible!

Date: March 25, 2017 05:38PM

I don't think goat tastes like chicken. Less gamey than lamb. I like goat vindaloo.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 10:49PM

Everything tastes more or less like chicken.

Posted by: NNT (not logged in) ( )
Date: March 27, 2017 09:15PM

How dare you insult the goat...chickens taste nothing like goat.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 01:22PM

F*** that.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 01:52PM

Ummm a bit ungrateful.

We are guests on a planet, given parents, have a body joined to a spirit, have a beautiful body designed by a creator. We have DNA, a computer like program in each cell that stops a foot from growing out our foreheads when we turn 20.

We have a billion neurons, We have hormones, neurotransmitters, sexual attraction. All given to us be the creator, Yeshua aka Jesus.

We have the potential to live with him in heaven if we treat others the way we want to be treated. He even died for the sins of those that humble themselves.

We are here to learn by experiencing.

Date: March 25, 2017 05:01PM

Sure.

Except none of that has anything to do with this Jesus dude. He just came in and asked for some money and pretended he did all that stuff.

Guess what? I can do that to. Worship ME. Give ME money. I MADE YOU! No really, I did.

It's easy to lie to people. Jesus is the lazy kind of liar, he can only take credit for what I already have, he can't do anything useful in the future.

Posted by: R2 ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 06:49PM

Humility is not what saves you, and OP's idea of being eternally punished for not believing in the atonement is not what sends you to hell.

According to Christians, we all deserve hell for being imperfect. The only way to avoid that is to accept the atonement. Therefore, it's not disbelief that earns hell, it's your natural state. Belief gets you a pass, which is the "gift".

Personally, I don't like it. It makes character and humility mean nothing. I understand faith without works is dead and that you can't get into heaven with works alone to mean that you can't have a sick heart but act generous on the outside and say you earned heaven. But then, being a good person because it's important to you but going to hell because you weren't perfect and also didn't believe the story is unfair.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 27, 2017 06:25PM

You make a good point. It's like me trying to take a selfie. No matter how many angles you look at it from, there is no good side.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 01:57PM

Yeah, as an agnostic I still hold out the possibility that some supernatural being is or was puttering around somewhere.

But those self-professed "believers" have certainly constructed odd versions of deities in which to believe, haven't they? In addition to the qualities (and I use the term broadly) that you cite, their gods and saviors have a myriad of characteristics that are at once odious and quite human. Coincidence?

And in fact while those aspects of my life that I most enjoy and desire, from the beauty of a sunset to a kiss from my wife, are all easily explained by natural processes. It's the shitty stuff that always seems to come from "God."

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 02:26PM

Yeah. I think the second coming came and Jesus now goes by the name Kim Jong-un. Makes sense. He's been to the Mid-East, been to the Americas, and other than appearing once or twice on toast, it was time to land somewhere new. North Korea fit the bill nicely. They know how to worship a leader and they know the consequences of not.

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 05:06PM

Yep. Rejecting a doctrine of human sacrifice and refusing to participate in ritual cannibalism by symbolically eating the victim's flesh and drinking his blood will get me eternal punishment. Fuck that, I have no need for that kind of a god.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 05:59PM

The thing that always pissed me off is that you had to do a ton of prerequisites before you could get his almighty help naw I'm good I'll take my chances with recovery mormons.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 01:33PM

Posted by: quatermass2 ( )
Date: March 27, 2017 06:01PM

Mormons insist that the God of the Old Testament actually IS Jesus Christ.

The God of the Old Testament in a sadistic, sociopathic, naricissistic, genocidal psychopath!

Date: March 27, 2017 06:22PM

quatermass2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mormons insist that the God of the Old Testament
> actually IS Jesus Christ.
>
>
> The God of the Old Testament in a sadistic,
> sociopathic, naricissistic, genocidal psychopath!

Good point.

Also insisted is we are eligible for God status. Potential Gods (and Goddesses).

What an aspiration!

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: March 27, 2017 06:08PM

What a Mormon view of God.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 27, 2017 06:25PM

That's so Mormon.

At least Pablo was a real person. But I have good news: It's all made up. There is no savior because it's impossible to have a savior. Because nobody can save you from yourself.

Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: March 27, 2017 08:18PM

Or "we're right" Basically what everyone wants to hear right! So saying isn't in the temple that they say directly or imply arrogantly with some indirect hostility (suolemnity) that every one IN the world , will bow down to "OUR "god /implying in "our" way, to who "we " say is god, acting like "we ,say god will (on "our " side not "yours", on "our" terms, with "our " rules about life
Is there a bigger biased way of saying "I am right , and someday everyone --i.e. all those stupid s that don't be Mormon like me or pay and drink coffee, or act good do good be good ha!! Insert this visual-
(Middle aged Mormon male in suits dancing ) The temple statement says I am right ! I am right! I am SO right! I am
I am I am too dammit stop being so good I'm right I know this looks stupid (i.e. Costume hat especially) but I'm right
Hear that huh

That's possibly why it's in the temple ceremony ...to keep folks from panicking about what all the fuss is about causing tithing but loosing a house, drinking soda beverage not coffee for all their caffeinated - every sacrifice ..

Ever wonder about why they'd (need to) vow while in the temple to avoid loud laughter ? Huh!

I so agree with original posters statement, sounded like I was reading myself typing some years ago. Well, I think you're right the Mormon God concept is a mean god, made incidentally by a 14 year old, so the Mormon God concept doesn't hold much water. Would I let a 14-17 year old male plan my eternity or define my concept of God for me, or life or values or what my life is for or about - I don't think so!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2017 08:27PM by paintinginthewin.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.