Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: blakballoon ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 07:17AM

http://www.mormonstoday.com/991219/D2Cookies01.shtml

Poor elders, they wouldn't know what hit them.
Still, 10-12 cookies each.. restraint not

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Calico ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 09:10AM

That is a cruel thing to do, I feel bad for the missionaries. Nobody should unknowingly be drugged.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 09:18AM

Super fucked up. Doesn't matter how someone feels about religion or missionaries, that is assault and the people who committed it should serve time. Having worked in food service for many years, when I hear stories about people who fuck around with the food they serve to people, I take it personally. that shit is not funny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2017 09:19AM by midwestanon.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 09:36AM

While agreeing that it's a form of assault, and drugging people without their agreement is awful...

They ate 10 to 12 cookies each?
Must have been starving.

Posted by: Wokie ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 06:16PM

This happens more than you think. Heard from Mishies when I was attending church of this happening a few times

Posted by: annon1 ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 06:20PM

This happened about 18 years ago, according to the date on the article. No one offered me any on my mission!!! I never get to have any of the fun.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 06:22PM

It seems like it's some kind of bizarre missionary custom to be gluttonous. One time my mom made the missionaries and entire 9 by 13 pan of lasagna, and when she asked them about how it was, they said that they had ate the entire thing for breakfast the next morning. I've also seen pictures on my brothers mission of individual missionaries eating 2 quart size bowls of macaroni and a Totino's pizza for dinner.

Maybe it's not really about being a missionary and more about being a growing teenager, I don't know. But I can't say that I was necessarily shocked that they each ate almost a dozen cookies, especially since teenagers (especially Mormon ones) don't have the greatest sense of decorum to know that that kind of thing might not be the most gracious or polite thing to do, especially right in front of someone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2017 06:23PM by midwestanon.

Posted by: seamaiden ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 06:29PM

I'm not saying this is right, but when you are eating 3 to 4 times the amount of cookies your hosts are???? Weed is usually harmless, I personally feel alcohol is a worst choice. I can not help but think if they had ate one or two they would not have got so sick!

No one to blame but church in my opinion. If they didn't make it so hard to be around Mishes they would be getting fed and not have to turn into gluttons when the chance of food came around.

I used to feed them as a single mother, guess how that turned out?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2017 07:37PM by seamaiden.

Posted by: R2 ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 05:05AM

It's not gluttony, it's because the poor things are starving. If not for calories, then for nutrition! Even having a lot of empty calories will keep you hungry.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 07:46PM

Posted by: isthisnameok? ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 05:32PM

that was a waste of weed... in all seriousness that is all sorts of jacked up, slipping anyone a mickey even for kicks is NEVER cool!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.