Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: March 23, 2017 11:48PM

Those Pat fans. I tell ya.

They think they’re so tough.

Except when it comes to taking a cartoon hit, which they loudly profanely complain amounts to unnecessary roughness.

15 yard penalty, take away the cartoonist's ink doodling devices and make him say "I'm sorry" to every single offended person, wherever they may be.

The terrible ‘toon was posted online along with the following editorial intro, headlined “Tom Brady's Icky, Sweaty Jersey"

“Apparently, some guy with Spanish media credentials took the thing right out of the locker room after Super Bowl LI.

“Law enforcement officially got involved in the caper, which pieced together media footage and other interviews to track down the missing piece of memorabilia -- and launched a thousand hilarious memes in the process.

"But how do we know the Patriots' stolen jersey is authentic?
“Ah, there are tell-tale signs.”

Embedded news story-related links:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2017/02/06/tom-brady-jersey-stolen-missing-super-bowl-2017-new-england/97567726/

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18967205/nfl-2017-how-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-super-bowl-jersey-was-found-story

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/tom_bradys_super_bowl_jersey_h.html

Here’s the sacriligious scribble:

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/43d8f32a8bab9c192406e8b00155b1b891122d0e/c=0-0-3592-2700&r=x513&c=680x510/local/-/media/2017/03/22/Phoenix/Phoenix/636257711202289645-Benson-Brady-Jerseys-03-22-17.jpg

I received a bit of flip-out feedback from the Brady bunch whose undies were all in a bunch over the cartoon's pernicious publication:

--From Complainer #1, subject-lined “Brady & Goodell Bullsh*t”

“I guess you as a 'native born Arizonan' would rather root for the pitiful, bumbling, incompetent Arizona teams and refuse to recognize the accomplishments and brilliance of Brady & Belichick. 

“It's almost absurd to accept the witch-hunt that Roger (a**hole) Goodall [sic] launched against the Patriots! B.T.W. that activity was initiated by the convicted felon and drug addict; Colts owner Jim Irsay. 

“The first Judge threw out the witch-hunt conclusion as impossibly unfair and flawed. The three judge panel simply stated that the Players Association's moronic contract granted the Commissioner rights as a dictator to do as he wished.

“Fate intervened and Brady prevailed thus making Goodall [sic] look like dog-sh*t at the Super Bowl.  Boos rained down on him when, looking like a jack-ass, he presented the trophy. Brady was actually enough of a gentleman to shake Goodell's extended hand!  He should have turned and walked away or spit in his hand!

“Kraft has invited Goodell to the opening game of the 2017 season. 'The Gronk' has already warned him that a visit could be dangerous to his health ('Patriots Fan are crazy') and that he might never make it from the airport to the stadium.

“The most endearing artifact at the victory parade was the message carved in the snow of the Boston Commons. That message said, 'F*ck-You Roger Goodell', with a cartoon depiction of male genitalia.

“So, stick your Brady cartoon up you’re a**.

"Regards, I usually enjoy your political commentary“

--My reply:

“Your assumption is wrong.  

“I am not a native-tribalist anything. 

“I was born in California, grew up in Texas and Utah, and have lived in Washington State, Idaho, Indiana, Virginia, Hawaii and Japan.  

“See what you get for assuming?

“I know how much Pat fans hate Goodell. I have criticized him in my cartoons for being a wuss and an enabler of sexual predation in the NFL. 

“See what you get for not reading more?

"I have also criticized suspended zero-hero Shady Brady for breaking NFL rules, then lying about it.

“Finally, as far as your inability to express yourself without resorting to puerile playground profanity, well, you earned the following penalty:    Your emails are now being blocked and you are being booted through the uprights.

“GO COWBOYS!”
_____

--From Complainer #2, subject-lined “cartoon”:

“I have never written to you before, even though I rarely agree with you.  However, this was to [sic] much.  How do you know he is a cheater?  Did he cheat to bring his team to the Super Bowl?  Did he cheat to win the Super Bowl?  Or maybe he is simply one of the best quarterbacks in history. 

“I am a native Arizonan.  Never been to New England.  I just love to see a sports figure play great at whatever their sport.  Why be so mean?  Does it sell newspapers?  You need to apologize to everyone you insulted today!”

--My reply:

"Brady has earned a reputation as a cheater.    He was suspended by the NFL Commissioner for four games for intentionally using deflated footballs to give him a grip/throw advantage.  He initially made a lot of noise about appealing but finally accepted what he deserved.

"I don’t do cartoons to sell newspapers; I do them to make a point about notable current events.    I appreciate that you follow them, even when you don’t agree with them.  

"As far as apologizing to every sports fan whom I have supposedly insulted, I have receive emails of support from others who liked it.  If some football fans can’t handle 'mean' cartoons, what can they handle?
"I have been to New England.  Nice place.

"Thanks for writing."
_____   

--From a reader in behalf of their friends, subtitled ”Re: In Today’s Paper”

“We have friends who live in Maine and love the Patriots. I am sending them the cartoon from today's paper.  Maybe they will share it with their Maine friends!”

--My reply:

“They’re Brady Maniacs,  eh? 

“Hope the cartoon doesn‘t deflate them too much,”

To the boo-hoo Brady brigade. enough already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izTIqUSDcR8

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2017 12:12AM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 06:26AM

I dunno. I like the 'toon.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 09:33AM

I liked it too--and I'm a fan of Brady.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 09:50AM

Doesn't matter which sacred cow you roast, somebody will always be angry.
Is Brady some folks' modern-day "Jesus?"
Looks that way.
No criticizing of "heroes," Steve. Whether it's Brady, Tanner, or anyone else...apparently if they've ever done anything "good," they're immune from criticism. In the minds of some of their fans, anyway :)

I liked the 'toon.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 10:16AM

I'm a Patriots fan, but not a fanatic. Actually, I don't follow the NFL much until December and the playoffs. I watched the Superbowl with some Atlanta fans.

First 3/4: (Me) "Well, this sure sucks."
Last 1/4: (Them) "Well, this sure sucks."
OT: (Everybody) "Oh, wow...."

Comments I came across: "The FBI can find Brady's jersey, but somehow they can't find 30,000 emails in Saratoga Springs?" *

"James Comey is J. Edgar Hoover, minus the dress."

Feel free to use them! (They're not mine.)

*The NSA data center in Utah.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 11:19AM

This whole story's full of hot air . . . well not quite FULL, exactly.

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 24, 2017 07:31PM

Ha ha ha ha...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.